PINK FLOYD

BigStewMan

I think i’ve decided that i like Wish You were Here the best.  I know Dark Side of the Moon is iconic and I do like it; but, Wish You Were Here appeals to me more. I want to say that it’s more relatable; but, i’ve spent an awful lot of time on the dark side of the moon. 

"there is no dark side of the moon.......it's all dark"

" did we tell you the name of the game boy, we call it ridin' the gravy train"

"I don't know if i was drunk at the time"

Just classic sheet etched on all our minds. There are many more of course.

• Like 3

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
Now things are really what they seem.
No, this is no bad dream.

• Like 2

So, who's seen them live?

I saw them in Cleveland Stadium 6/25/77

They started with their "Pink noise test", which was deafening -- and while they were doing it -- their 727 flew over the top of the stadium. The band was fined out the wazoo for the stunt.

A giant pig was "floated" across the stadium on a wire, which exploded -- showering thousands of pigs on parachutes.

88,000, which set a record. I don't if that record has been broken or not. We were in the in-field -- about fifty yards from the stage.

The stage was designed by Roger Dean. The band played under giant tulips -- which folded up and went below the stage when it stopped raining.

You can hear the show on youtube -- search for "Pink Floyd - have you heard the news".

And yes, the big circular screen. Visuals and sound were nothing short of astounding.

Have always had a soft spot for "Animals" since then -- even though the set list was pretty diverse.

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I think i’ve decided that i like Wish You were Here the best.  I know Dark Side of the Moon is iconic and I do like it; but, Wish You Were Here appeals to me more. I want to say that it’s more relatable; but, i’ve spent an awful lot of time on the dark side of the moon. 

Agree. However,  Dark Side of the Moon is really good when I'm the only one home. Really freaks out the cats..

Mark

• Like 1

Caught them at the Dean Dome, Chapel Hill, NC early 90s. After their prime but great music and show with that almost living, breathing lens-like screen behind them. Airplane, a bed and the pig flew over that year. Speakers out in the mezzanine fueled the semi- surround sound. Kinda like BOC when Godzilla was coming in.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think I can tell blue skies from pain.  In some pain right now.  This too should pass, but just in case I want  y'all to know that my last words are...arrrrrghhhh......

what’s up brother?  anything you can reveal so we can make jokes at your expense of course. 

hope you’re alright though.

1 hour ago, cincymat said:

Agree. However,  Dark Side of the Moon is really good when I'm the only one home. Really freaks out the cats..

Mark

I like animals just for the excellent

guitar work..it's a under rated album..

sheep is my favorite...

and if you listen closely to the song sheep..you will realize that David

is playing the bass...and the majority

of the guitar work is Roger..except

the solos...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Caught them at the Dean Dome, Chapel Hill, NC early 90s. After their prime but great music and show with that almost living, breathing lens-like screen behind them. Airplane, a bed and the pig flew over that year. Speakers out in the mezzanine fueled the semi- surround sound. Kinda like BOC when Godzilla was coming in.

Untitled.jpg

john was that Pulse tour? Stage looks like it. 

I do like Wish You were Here slightly better than DSOTM, but The Wall is my favorite. 

I saw them around 1984 in an indoor dome, and Waters at the Klipsch Music Center, and outdoor amphitheater in 2004.

I like all of Gilmoure's solo stuff also, Rattle That Lock left a little to be desired though.

• Like 3