JHandley68

Outdoor Covered Patio

I am building a new home and will have a large covered outdoor patio.  I have pair of AW-650's that will face the pool area for music.  I was hoping to install (4) in-ceiling speakers to work with the TV and at times for music.  Question, my covered patio has 18' of depth so I am not concerned about any direct moisture, but can the Klipsch in-ceiling speakers handle being installed outside the home.  We live in Austin,TX so the winters are not extreme at all.  Would the CDT-3650 CIIs be a good choice?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome JHandley68. Is this patio completely open to the elements? I'm not sure I would place an indoor speaker outside, especially with the high humidity. Those are expensive speakers, it would be a bummer for them to deteriorate from the weather. You might contact Klipsch customer support, they would know for sure. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply.  The in-ceiling speakers would be completely covered and not exposed to moisture or sun, but they not would be enclosed and thus be exposed to temps ranging from 40-100 degrees.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JHandley68 said:

Thanks for your reply.  The in-ceiling speakers would be completely covered and not exposed to moisture or sun, but they not would be enclosed and thus be exposed to temps ranging from 40-100 degrees.

Yes Klipsch support a good thing. Thinking that where located that if the patio not vented yet with 18 inch depth, there could easily be an 100 degree buildup. Could be wrong. Operating temperatures then. Interesting. In-ceiling with direct attic access to temperatures have to be high as well so. If I were to guess, I would say, it should be alright. However, still I would greatly consider Klipsch support for the answer, as agree with previous poster here. Meanwhile, I am thinking there could be a spec there so, will take a look out of interest.

COMPATIBLE WITH THE KLIPSCH IK-650-C INSTALL KIT

Sorry was looking for more info but, search timed out.

Yea Billybob, I looked at the spec and warranty section but couldn't find anything.

J....even though they would be out of the sun and no chance of rain hitting them, they would still be out in the humidity, if it was an enclosed porch might make a difference.

I'm sure they would be ok for a while, they might just have a shorter life span. I hear they sound very good.