Black Friday and Other Deals

TasDom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yeah, checked their website and local store....no dice.  I guess I should've gotten out there sooner but had other things going on.  My 10 year old has an Xbox 360 and for the last year has talked about the Xbox One up until I mentioned something a week or so ago and it was now PS4 that was on his mind.  Sheesh.

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

Anyone got a $199 PS4 they want to part with?  :D  I didn't make it out into the madness on Black Thursday and there seems to be none for Cyber Monday.

There are two left in a Walmart near me per their website https://www.walmart.com/ip/Playstation-4-PS4-1TB-Slim-Gaming-System/782841840

Shows 1 left cause I put one in my cart

@avguytx

NOW GONE, tried to check out

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

Thank you sir.  Only  thing is, they won't ship...it's pickup only.  :(  Oh well.  Probably just order the $299 bundle with the game.

I would have picked it up had it still been available. I see some techie sites that don't recommend the $199 stripped down version.

• Moderators

I bought a PS4 for the theater room and sold my PS3 with 3 controllers for $165 so I thought that was a pretty sweet upgrade.  My son and his friend went in halves to buy one of their friends a PS4 for Christmas since his got struck by lightning several months ago and hasn't had the money to buy another one.

@USNRET, what were the techie sites saying was "stripped down" about it?  I was not able to find any articles that were not recommending the $199 version.

Definitely some good deals this weekend. I picked up an RC-62 ii for $133 from Fry's, a second R-12SW from Klipsch for under $200 and tonight a 43 inch Toshiba for my office for $199 from Best Buy. Also bought a pair of Klipsch portable Grooves, one for each kid priced at $69 for the first and $49 on the second from Amazon.

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

I bought a PS4 for the theater room and sold my PS3 with 3 controllers for $165 so I thought that was a pretty sweet upgrade.  My son and his friend went in halves to buy one of their friends a PS4 for Christmas since his got struck by lightning several months ago and hasn't had the money to buy another one.

@USNRET, what were the techie sites saying was "stripped down" about it?  I was not able to find any articles that were not recommending the $199 version.

@Youthman, This may be old I just saw date. https://www.cnet.com/news/199-game-consoles-arent-worth-the-money-youre-saving/

This may not be one that I read before, just seemed to offer the same points.

15 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Ah, they are referring to the PS3, not the PS4.

PS3; I have an original Fat Boy sitting here that hasn't been used in probably a year or so. When the XBOX RROD occurred, I checked the PS3 to see if it was good than never used it again. Kiddos do PC gaming now.