2x Oiled Walnut Heresy, 2x Black Forte II, Black Academy, Black RC-62 II, 2x (NIB) Black RF-82II

alkemyst

My dad passed away 2 days ago on his birthday :( .  He loved the way my Quartet/Academy/RS-25 setup sounded so much he went out and loaded up on Klipsch.  He just moved up here (Sweetwater, TN) 800 miles away from home (S. Florida) a few months ago to retire on 12 acres of land and then found out he had Stage 4 cancer and pretty much nothing really got unpacked after that.

His main system was a set of Forte II's in black (good condition, a little wear on the risers and some minor scratches on tops) and a black Academy (pretty clean).

Then he wanted Klipsch for his master bedroom and picked up a pair of Heresys that I believe are Oiled Walnut with the sand colored speaker covering.  I am still going through things here (I live 800 miles away).  He couldn't find another black Academy so went out and bought a RC62 II center and also picked up a couple RF-82 II's he didn't need since it was a package deal.  I do have the original box for the RC-62 II here.  The RF-82 II's have never been opened.  I have to look around still and see if he has a pair of unopened RS-x2 II's somewhere.

It's going to get complicated as there is just too much stuff to do.  I have no idea what shipping would be (sure I can go measure and weight, but there is so much to do now with a death in your immediate family) and what true values are.  I will gladly provide pics sometime soon...it's already 3am and I have more work then to get up and meet with people.  I am not sure if the speaker pairs are sequential serial numbers, but I can verify later (I know my Quartets are).

Anyway just looking for some advice in all this too.  He also has a bunch of Samsung flat panel TVs and most are new in box still.  If anyone knows someone in the Tennessee area around Sweetwater which is about 45 miles from Knoxville and 185 from Nashville they can come here and make a bid on anything from one to many. 

• Sad 2

Sorry for your loss. He had some nice equipment. The Black anything is easiest to fix. Weather permitting, I will be passing through there on my way to Atlanta next weekend. I don't need anything for myself, but if I can help you in any way, let me know.  

We all need help in times like this.

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father.  

I live in Greenback (just outside Lenoir City).  So I'm roughly 40 minutes from you.  If there's anything I can do to be of some help, I'm more than willing to try.

PM being sent.

I feel your pain Brother. My Dad passed away last Tuesday at age 86. He was a musician his entire life and left a collection of recording/audio equipment. Deciding what to do with all of it can be overwhelming and something we'll put off for a while. I encourage you to take your time in disposing of his beloved equipment, if you can, and to keep something of his for yourself to carry forward in your life.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, T2K said:

I encourage you to take your time in disposing of his beloved equipment, if you can, and to keep something of his for yourself to carry forward in your life.

That's a beautiful sentence. I agree,  there's no reason to rush into selling. 

I'm very sorry about your Dad.

• Like 2