The Sixes have arrived.

DizRotus

Thinking of downsizing again. How would the Sixes sound compared to my current RB-61ii's.

I would be keeping my SW-110 sub but getting rid of the Yammy receiver. More room, less stuff.

Can't do Loud in my apartment and at my age prolly never will again

I also have the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's hooked up to my old desk top and and love them.

Edited by NADman
Forgot

8 hours ago, NADman said:

Thinking of downsizing again. How would the Sixes sound compared to my current RB-61ii's.

I would be keeping my SW-110 sub but getting rid of the Yammy receiver. More room, less stuff.

Can't do Loud in my apartment and at my age prolly never will again

I also have the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's hooked up to my old desk top and and love them.

I’m in no position to compare as I’ve not yet heard The Sixes and I’ve not heard RB-61iis.  The arrival of The Sixes is eagerly anticipated.  We do however, share an appreciation for ProMedia 2.1s. I listen to much more music (Spotify or Pandora) through those in nearfield while toiling at the computer than my 2-channel setup.

Several of the reviews of The Sixes on Amazon compare them favorably to other Klipsch speakers.  When Bob Crites endorsed them, that was good enough for me to recommend them to my friends.  While I expect to like them, I’m worried I might like them too much. If my son, his significant other, and the band director prefer them to Heresys, I might be forced to get another pair or two, and the sell the excess Heresys.

Jon @McBlueMeter sent these in the original factory packaging.  The Klipsch box was in a sturdy FedEx box with plenty of paper filler.  Not a foam 🥜peanut in sight.  It was like opening a brand new pair.

They look brand spanking new and sound terrific. After seeing them and listening, I feel these are better suited to my son’s apartment.  The KP-201s are better suited to the middle school band room.  The H2s will be available, unless my son prefers them to The Sixes, which would surprise me greatly.  The HIP will be turned into “Super Heresys.”  In any case two pairs of Heresy derivatives will be available.

Thank you very much Jon.

image.jpg

• Like 3

As expected, my son and his girlfriend prefer The Sixes over any of the much larger Heresy derivatives.  They will fit on shelves flanking the TV out of the reach of their cats.  A TH sub will compensate for the bass unfriendly shelf location.

In the less than ideal setup shown in the photo, the bass is surprisingly good.  The double bass and percussion in Trio Jeepy by Branford Marsalis are palpable.

That leaves a pair of H2s and one other pair of either HIP or DIY “Supers” to send to new homes.  Dave @Dave1290 has first right of refusal, but if you might be interested in. H2s or HIPs, send me a PM.

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone.

Question to the Sixes owners. I got mine a few days ago. I noticed a quite a bit of static noise on the speakers, mostly when I put my ear next to the twitter. Is that normal for you guys as well?

This is on all inputs.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, Ive got a pair of these, but when I changed the batteries on the remote, suddenly the IR sensor or something stopped working.  Cannot do remote control and indicator source lights don’t turn, everything else is ok.

Hi, New here so I hope this is correct place to ask this but I'm currently in market to purchase pair of these Sixes. Problem is purchase option went away on Klipsch.com, Crutchfield says unavailable and Amazon has them on sale. So for you guys in the know does it seem like there being phased out for newer version or did I just wait to long buy them while they were available? Thanks for help/suggestions!

• 1 year later...

HI !! I NEED YOUR HELP! 

WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE ?, Klipsch Heritage THE SIXES VS Klipsch R-51PMI NEED GOOD TREBLE, MIDDLE AND GOOD SEPRATION OF THE INSTRUMENTS, I WILL USE THEM WITH A SUB 12 INCHES

HOLA !! ¡NECESITO TU AYUDA! 

¿CUÁL DEBO ELEGIR ?, Klipsch Heritage THE SIXES VS  Klipsch R-51PM NECESITO BUEN TREBLE, MEDIO Y BUENA SEPRACIÓN DE LOS INSTRUMENTOS, LOS UTILIZARÉ CON UN SUB 12 PULGADAS

• Like 1

Does anyone of you have pictures or graphical illustrations from the Sixes that show how they are built insinde the cabinets? I have the technical datasheet myself, so I do not need this.

Your service will be appreciated .... 

On 11/17/2020 at 8:27 AM, Vivi said:

I got a pair this week for my living room. Warm mid/low, crisp highs, awesome. Four of my mates have bought based on hearing them.

Enjoy your speakers.

I recommend ALWAYS leaving then ON.  I never turn off my several chip amps.  The amount of energy used at idle (or at volume) is insignificant.  IME, avoiding the ON/OFF cycles extends the life of the amps. In addition to my son’s SIXES, two pair of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, and several class-D chip amps have been trouble free for years.

• 1 month later...