more RF-7III pics

Sweet!

Any impressions vs. the RF-7 II and Forte III?

Forte III are the same price, I believe, so very curious about how they compare in a 2-channel context.

I own RF-7 II and Forte I, both used in a 2-channel context.  Both can be a bit sharp when the volume is pushed, IMO, so curious about how the RF-7 III and Forte III sound as the volume is pushed, say to peaks in the upper 90's dB at the listening position.

3 minutes ago, adam2434 said:

Sweet!

Any impressions vs. the RF-7 II and Forte III?

Forte III are the same price, I believe, so very curious about how they compare in a 2-channel context.

I own RF-7 II and Forte I, both used in a 2-channel context.  Both can be a bit sharp when the volume is pushed, IMO, so curious about how the RF-7 III and Forte III sound as the volume us pushed, say to peaks in the upper 90's dB at the listening position.

I'm really digging the RF-7III.  Bass from kick drums are surprisingly tight and punchy.  The new horn just isn't sharp /  bright / fatiguing like the old one could be, just not an issue at all, you can really crank them.  Upper midrange is more pronounced on the Fortes which is awesome for blues guitar and female vocals, things like that.  At this point I'm liking the RF-7III better for rock especially at decent volumes, at least when there isn't any EQ involved.  Just buy both. :)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"Buy both"...OK.  :)

Unrealistic wishful thinking...but it would have been cool if the new horn and CD were able to be retrofit into the RF-7 II.  However, the crossover point is a little higher for the III though, 1300 Hz vs. 1200 Hz.

According to the spec sheet, the III is 10 lbs heavier!  If this is true, that's a pretty significant weight gain.  I guess the new dual chamber design adds some lumber weight.

Just now, adam2434 said:

According to the spec sheet, the III is 10 lbs heavier!  If this is true, that's a pretty significant weight gain.  I guess the new dual chamber design adds some lumber weight.

Oh it's true, you can really tell it too.  Harder to move around.  

Thanks for sharing.    I own three RF-7II,  plus one RF-7, in a 4.2 system.   I'm curious about how the RF-7III would sound.   (I listen to classical music using tube amps.)    However, I'm satisfied with what I have, so the RF-7III aren't in my immediate plans. 

Please keep posting pics and comments!

As for the looks, I like the RF7 II more with wood veneer all over. To my eyes it has a distinctive, bold and somewhat crude but classy look that mean business.

On the other hand, RF7 III look nice all in black, but leaves that "silky" taste in my mind. RF7 II differentiated from other speakers in RF line, while RF7 III tries to blend with the current Klipsch lineup.  To me it is not a desirable way to go.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dtr20 said:

Cory, I think you need to A+B forte III vs. RF-7 III! 

I have, the midrange still stands out, just more pronounced on the Forte.  I think Fortes are probably more accurate and is awesome for blues guitar and female voices, but I did really like the RF-7III for higher volume rock.  Metallica on these is very nice and I don't say that lightly, I also have Jubilees and KI-396's I can compare to.  

• Like 4