Receiver suggestions for the RF7?

Therearemany

17 hours ago, Therearemany said:

I hear that Klipsch speakers don't need a lot of power to sound great. 

Don't believe everything you've read on the internet--It'll have you spending ALL kinds of money on equipment when you could be investing in source material or on another hobby.  If you have a smaller room or don't listen at loud levels you should be fine with a mid-level avr and if you decide you want it louder purchase an external amp to go with it.

Otoh, if you are going to be running more than/as many as 5 speakers and/or listen loud you may want to consider an AVR that is rated to drive 4 Ohm speakers, at least as mains--Some mid-models do and I always consider a slightly discontinued upper-end avr if it can be had at a considerably lower price--As an example we purchased the Denon AVR-4311ci for about 40% off of what it originally sold for and have been extremely happy for 5 years....My 2 cents a good luck. We have also owned the speakers listed below (including the RF-7) for going on 15 years and feel no need to upgrade (If that's even possible. :)) Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Therearemany,

Welcome to the forum.

22 hours ago, Therearemany said:

I have the RF7 II in a 5.1 setup at the moment. 

Nice speakers.

1.) Im not a true audiophile

What is a true audiophile anyway?:unsure:;):P

so would an amp be necessary?

2.) Can I get by with just a receiver in the $400-600 range? (i.e Denon x3300w)

That depends.  If you like it loud, have a huge room, and want to power more than 5 channels, then an outboard amp may be preferred.  I am a huge outboard amp proponent so I will keep my biased opinions to myself and my system in my room.:D

If none of those apply, then a mid level AVR should be fine under most conditions.

Bill

• Thanks 1