Led Zeppelin 2!

Drewg

For fans of Led Zeppelin, like me, check out this new band from Michigan. Close your eyes, and you hear Robert Plant. The band is called Greta Van Fleet, and they are really good! Check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Considering how to refuel my collection of aging cassettes and some lps with so much wear that I refuse to put them on my new cartridge. This is next!

Nice find, radio is so lame now-a-days can't hear new good music there, this forum is great for musical knowledge!

... sounds a lot like new Zep!

Backordered on amazon until 11/20

They're pretty good, but I wouldn't call them the next coming of Zeppelin. If you go listen to Led Zeppelin l, you would hear a huge difference, Page's guitar work was spectacular, and Bonham on the drums was much more defined and hard hitting. I saw a video of them, that sound sounded more like Rush. A good band, and I hope they do well.

After listening to a little more available at youtube they could be millionaires in a few more years if the word gets out. If radio could/would support non-pop tunes again. Hope they do keep on getting to it.

@Ceptorman you're talkin' RUSH with the phenomenal Neil Pert on percussion!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

After listening to a little more available at youtube they could be millionaires in a few more years if the word gets out. If radio could/would support non-pop tunes again. Hope they do keep on getting to it.

@Ceptorman you're talkin' RUSH with the phenomenal Neil Pert on percussion!

Yes sir, and maybe the best bass player alive, and an exceptional guitarist....one helluva band.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drewg said:

Considering 2 of the guys are only 21 and the other 2 are 18, I think they have a very bright future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they have a brilliant future, hope they do well. They are getting pretty popular. Plant was 20 when he recorded LZ l.

• Like 1

Saw part of a taped concert in Cali just last month. That kid singing wore low rise jeans, open shirt, big belt buckle like the iconic pictures of Plant back in the day.

He moves, spins and makes hand gestures that are Plant-like. Can't say if the resemblance is premeditated or not, that doesn't concern me. I do think it's obvious they have heard/seen Led Zeppelin performances before. Previous statements are not a condemnation.

More power to them!

The amazon ship date is unknown now so I found their site, sent them $11.00 and maybe next week my neighbor will be asking me if Zep put out a new record?

My brother that used to mimic with "That kind of music that disturbs the soul" got him to google them and he thinks they could play any college town and be a hit with their sound and their look.

Eerily similar.  I'm mean the singers style and voice, the guitar riffs and tone and the beats are all seemingly modeled form Zepp.   Don't mean to sound negative, but skipping through this album just sounds like they got their feet really close to fire and seemed to have done it very well.   To top it off, we need Druids on the album cover.  

• Like 1