Difference between KD-13 and KD-12

Dave A

I have a specific reason for asking by the way. I have a pair of Fortes with little bitty cat claw holes in the passives. I need to either slobber some speaker cone glue on them and hope or replace them. I can't find any KD-13's but I do have a pair of KD-12's if they could be made or are already a sonic match for the 13's. Anyone with knowledge on this I would sure like to hear from you.

Unless there are a large number of holes, pushing the cone back into position and putting a slight bit of glue from the back side, holding the hole shut and sealing the cone should work.

Any slight weight changes will not alter the performance for it's intended use.  If you were adding grams which you shouldn't need to do, might slightly change the performance but it would be very slight.

I think even though the one looks like black measles it will be OK. If I ever sell these things though I figured they would beat me down because of it. That is why I want to know about the weights because if I can make the perfect KG4's work properly in the Fortes I will switch them in a heart beat.  So I am back to can anyone tell me specifically the difference between KD-12's and 13's.

I think you are probably right on the slight weight differences audibly and I have switched them and can't hear any notable differences. My big concern was travel on the passive cone meant for different woofers and I have no idea what the other ramifications of substitution will be. Klipsch did not just arbitrarily decide to make these different.

I have both passives side by side and I believe the kd-12 has a lighter suspension allowing it to be more active with the smaller speakers of the KG line. Or there could be a weight difference that would let one have more extension.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk