La Scala for PA use.

Droogne

• Moderators

All 600s in the pics are Kevins, the 1802 was loaned to us by Roy.

The year it rained we had everything there for 4 stacks of 600's and 4 1802 subs. The plan was to not use the 600 bass sections and set the top two 600 boxes on a 1802 X 4, it would have been amazing but it stormed and it is just way too much for inside.

And yes I do like LaScalas

But 600s are harder to run across, not many pictures of them out there.

• Like 1

Just now, dtel said:

All 600s in the pics are Kevins, the 1802 was loaned to us by Roy.

The year it rained we had everything there for 4 stacks of 600's and 4 1802 subs. The plan was to not use the 600 bass sections and set the top two 600 boxes on a 1802 X 4, it would have been amazing but it stormed and it is just way too much for inside.

You're such a tease!  If I can get outta here I'm heading South!  One big family reunion!  Insane but fun I'm sure!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, dtel said:

A practice run for fun, single stacks.

rodneys_place-021.JPG

To long,didnt read: check your Karst region map.

They might blow them walls down, I'd turn them around for the world(or half the world) to hear and so the walls keep put, unless walls don't matter. Or maybe there's a secret announcement playing on them and you or they want to hear that announcement really LOUD. Nobodys holding on for dear life so they must not be playing, just sitting there to see. Then again might be rolling by and you snapped a pic at the right moment. The trailer, 600's sitting on wood with metal framing on rubber tyres filled with standard air sitting on 8" thick concrete with Arkansas soil aimed at a target and easily doing so. The concrete may crack. 

If you hook up more be careful. you might want seismic graphs to prove they do disturb the ground. Caution, check the earth topology for possible damage and danger of sinkholes. Prepare if no caution is taken. Keep valuable in a safe place. The 600's may fall into the earth if not stabilized properly. 

furthermore the infrastructure should be periodically inspected and maintained. your safety may depend on it

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:41 AM, ELSI said:

Yes this would be the amount of lascala(plural) I pictured in reference to comparison, ridiculous I know. The 1802 would be one of only a few choice possibilities to properly source recommended range below 50hz. 

The most difficult spot listening to 600's is their midbass. This was not good hearing a pair of them from my experience with klipsch setting them up. Maybe using many stacks of 600's they may not sound so limited. 5 x top,mid and bottom per side and the midrange could be adjusted and acceptable. Then from 50+ yards away extremely loud and manageable or unmanageable depending on variables. Single pair at 50 yards away was sub par. Not sure more would be better. 

With large pa the electronic crossover needs maintained and adjusted from song to song. 600's are no exception. 

Nothing wrong with the dual 15 bifurcated horns mid bass. As stated, shortfall is the direct radiator 18's

Roger

5 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Nothing wrong with the dual 15 bifurcated horns mid bass. As stated, shortfall is the direct radiator 18's

Roger

Perhaps, but it was a reasonable compromise to fit the Modular Package, which was the main goal.