La Scala for PA use.

Droogne

Just now, Droogne said:

Ive been in Vietnam for a month, and oh god! Such moist air ö I'm  guessing it's the same/worse where you live.

Lol, no not quite as bad according to a brother. Monsoon in Florida on a smaller scale yet, we have our own challenges, of course.

The roof sounds like as much importance as the stage for the event. It just as a matter of due course have to be better each year there.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:24 AM, Droogne said:

Yeah, I still got time ;) probably a few months ! If we decide to use the LaScala towers we will be testing them first too ofcourse. Not everyone in our organisation is convinced, so I'll probably have too blow them away first to  show the true power of Klipsch!

Droogue;

1st, Where is your event going to take place?

2nd, Remember that 121 max spl is only a single La Scala. That is 124 max spl for a pair, and 127 max spl for four La Scalas, so six should fill your requirements with a max output of 128.5 dB.

3rd, I'm with Billybob here, why not just break out the KP-600s and "Piss off the neighbors"? A single KP-600 stack has a max spl of 137.5 dB, So that is 140.5 dB output for a pair which is good enough to rock a group of 5,000 people  :D

Roger

2 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Droogue;

Hahaha nice take on my name ;) (It's funny cause no one is able to spell it when they hear it) 

1st, Where is your event going to take place?

Belgium :) 

2nd, Remember that 121 max spl is only a single La Scala. That is 124 max spl for a pair, and 127 max spl for four La Scalas, so six should fill your requirements with a max output of 128.5 dB.

Well, it's not about what system would fit my requirements, but rather if my personal system can manage it ;) Have been looking into some other option which are DIY friendly and which uses some of my drivers/bass bins (to make it financialy possible for our organisation). A K600 would be amazing ofcourse. And LaScala is rated a 121 for one, but when I calculate it should reach 126 @100 watt .. But it doesnt really matter. I calculated it for the drivers seperately (based on advice from a local sound expert), taking into account the sensitivity from our ears for certain frequencies. This gave me decent coverage over 40 meter (also taking into account the possible hearing damage due to too high SPL). 

3rd, I'm with Billybob here, why not just break out the KP-600s and "Piss off the neighbors"? A single KP-600 stack has a max spl of 137.5 dB, So that is 140.5 dB output for a pair which is good enough to rock a group of 5,000 people  :D

Roger

Haaving such a pair would be amaaaaaazing! They sure costs like it haha! No way I can afford (or find) them :(

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Droogne said:

Hahaha nice take on my name ;) (It's funny cause no one is able to spell it when they hear it) 

Belgium :) 

Well, it's not about what system would fit my requirements, but rather if my personal system can manage it ;) Have been looking into some other option which are DIY friendly and which uses some of my drivers/bass bins (to make it financialy possible for our organisation). A K600 would be amazing ofcourse. And LaScala is rated a 121 for one, but when I calculate it should reach 126 @100 watt .. But it doesnt really matter. I calculated it for the drivers seperately (based on advice from a local sound expert), taking into account the sensitivity from our ears for certain frequencies. This gave me decent coverage over 40 meter (also taking into account the possible hearing damage due to too high SPL). 

Haaving such a pair would be amaaaaaazing! They sure costs like it haha! No way I can afford (or find) them :(

Didn't realize you were so far away, figured you were state side and maybe somebody could have helped you out  :D

Rog

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Didn't realize you were so far away, figured you were state side and maybe somebody could have helped you out  :D

Rog

Hahah youre not the first! I always think my English would be sufficient info (grammar in particular) to know I'm not from the states. But yeah it sucks.. Klipsch prices are through the roof over here (I also profited from this, but hard to find second hand items for the prices I see passing by in US Klipsch facebook groups etc), and it's incredibly hard to find Pro Gear (I'm on a quest to find K-402 horns, but I think it's almost at and end, HOOZAAH!). Prices to ship gear from Crites or the likes are also crazy (shipping is "cheap" for drivers etc, around 70 dollars for a pair, but 21% import is the real pain in the butt)

On 24-11-2017 at 5:06 PM, billybob said:

On 30-11-2017 at 12:23 AM, twistedcrankcammer said:

OK, little development! Have finally made contact with a dealer for a K-402 horn! Still having my 6x LaScala bins made so I might just do a triple LaScala tower with a Jub horn on top (+ some extra LaScala horn/drivers and tweeters to top it off). 

• Thanks 1

Sounds like good progress being made:emotion-21:

33 minutes ago, Droogne said:

OK, little development! Have finally made contact with a dealer for a K-402 horn! Still having my 6x LaScala bins made so I might just do a triple LaScala tower with a Jub horn on top (+ some extra LaScala horn/drivers and tweeters to top it off). 

Just now, billybob said:

Sounds like good progress being made:emotion-21:

Yeah it's a more expensive route, but it'll be worth it! Maybe I'll do a 4xK55 into the K-402 setup (will definitely try this out once I have all the stuff). Hope I can pull it all of before the festival (still enough time, and if not this years, definitely next one!)

PS friend of me was very excited about this project, so we  might start our own mini festival just to showcase the power of the tower! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Droogne said:

Yeah it's a more expensive route, but it'll be worth it! Maybe I'll do a 4xK55 into the K-402 setup (will definitely try this out once I have all the stuff). Hope I can pull it all of before the festival (still enough time, and if not this years, definitely next one!)

PS friend of me was very excited about this project, so we  might start our own mini festival just to showcase the power of the tower! 

Dang, that sounds cool! Can feel the enthusiasm all the way here. Bigger and better all the time. Good show...B)

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, Droogne said:

Now that is a maybe on the K-402 for sure. Curiosity would better me. Have been reading the potential on thread. Would be nice to harness the

4xK55. Sounds like it would be interesting. Good morning.

On 1-12-2017 at 8:45 PM, billybob said:

Dang, that sounds cool! Can feel the enthusiasm all the way here. Bigger and better all the time. Good show...B)

13 hours ago, billybob said:

Now that is a maybe on the K-402 for sure. Curiosity would better me. Have been reading the potential on thread. Would be nice to harness the

4xK55. Sounds like it would be interesting. Good morning.

Well, I already have 4x K55M, and if I buy the K402 I just need an adapter (which I have found for around 20euros) so not so expensive to just try it out ! 

1 minute ago, Droogne said:

Well, I already have 4x K55M, and if I buy the K402 I just need an adapter (which I have found for around 20euros) so not so expensive to just try it out ! 

Lol, Like your way of thinking. Hope it is a loud and clear screamer, if you do.B)

Okay now read 1st page and scanned this, page 5.

KP600's are a collectable 100%

I have heard klipsch tune them and some fierce sound engineers. They are not an elegant nor loud applause from appeal music producer. Period.

The tscm I believe it is takes the cake easy up to the 600's. The mwm the k402 is something to get to the top of sound repro-duction. That mentioned stacks of lascalas No Doubt when done right. The 600's cannot even be compared to stacks of lascalas. Anyone who would is in need of an update

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I havent updated this thread for a while now, but there has actually been a lot of developments! Recently build the 10 bassbins, and I'm rocking 5 of them in my living room at the moment. All use a Faital HF200 driver, 2x of them on a K510 horn and the other ones use a PH4525 horn. Working out how I will progress with this project, but 1: painting and adding protective corners etc and 2: making cases for the horns are planned. We are gonna use the LaScalas for our small stage, which will still host around 1000 people.

Will keep you all updated! 

30624120_1991075347603344_14632068814209024_n.jpg

30656223_1991076320936580_2549025869989412864_n.jpg

30698163_1990924120951800_3317168770740387840_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- I see you are in Belgium? My wife worked for a company headquartered in Waregem.

That is the other side of the country.. Not that it matters, as it's still only a 1 hour drive ;) My parents grew up in a town near Waregem.