La Scala for PA use.

Droogne

1 hour ago, Wim M said:

Where is this going to be?  I wanna hear this myself!

Any idea yet which bands will be on stage?

Leuven! Op 29 juni, bands zijn nog niet aangekondigd, maar varieert elk jaar van bekende nieuwe artiesten naar Rock, alternatief, swing, etc. Het heeft Lemme Live (lemmelive.be) . 

50 minutes ago, dtel said:

Diy split LaScala tops with MWM bass bins work well together, simple AA crossovers. I use this out in the yard, more bass than a LaScala to help with bass, making good is tough outside but this helps alot.

43 minutes ago, dtel said:

This would be better, look in the distance on the roof of the building, on one of the pics. The stage pic has LaScalas also as side fill speakers.

Oh my...:emotion-21:

2 hours ago, dtel said:

This would be better, look in the distance on the roof of the building, on one of the pics. The stage pic has LaScalas also as side fill speakers.

mwm (8).jpg

speakers (18).jpg

Whoa that looks truely ridiculously cool!! ö go team klipsch! 

Have been wondering for a while what the specs are from those tweeters stacks, looks like 5 units, but which ones? K77? Cause wouldn't that be huge overkill (relatively to 4xK55? Or are there several drivers for the K55?) 

And why are those horns angled upwards? Isnt that away from the people below? Or is the venue also angled upwards? 

EDIT: yes those are K77, dumb me! klipsch forum has all the info ;) Still not sure on the 5 tweeters vs only 2 K55 drivers

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Droogne said:

And why are those horns angled upwards? Isnt that away from the people below? Or is the venue also angled upwards? 

I have no idea, I just stole the picture from somewhere ? I think it's old, look at the phones on the side of the mixing board. :o

• Haha 1

Love this folder! Just found it, and it looks to be a great starting point to base the project on. Would be changing the MWM bins with LaScalas for now ofcourse, but who knows what the future will bring. The included picture might also work, or well the principle. Use the LaScalas in a tower config, build a convex tweeter rack like the MTM, maybe use a manifold on 1 of the PH2380 horns I have, and use my double pair of Heresies as side speakers? Or would it be smarter to use the drivers of the Heresys in the main tower (I was kinda planning on doing that to be able to achieve my goal haha)

MCM.PNG

MCM met jbl hoorn.PNG

9 hours ago, Droogne said:
9 hours ago, dtel said:

Baby set used for the yard one side, and some other "borrowed pictures. 

mwm..jpg

speakers.jpg

speakers..jpg

Ok gain, awesome pics! Some cool things:

that first model is yours right (with the DIY case, which is something I was also planning), great to see people succeed in such simple designs! 

Second photo is hella cool! What kind of crossovers would those use? MWM for the lowest (like a sub), the LaScals as mid-bass and the JBL horn for everything above that? 

Third photo: thats like a MCM1900 without tweeters stacks? 

1 hour ago, billybob said:

BTW, @Droogne know that your people have vast experience with audio equipment. Just a remeinder about safety.

Weather there looks like a factor so, take care. Do not want any Stone The Crows incident.

:emotion-44::emotion-21:

Not sure what the Stone The Crows incident is, but yeah weather is ***** here.. festival takes place in June so weather is pretty good normally, but it's still Belgium so we do have a lot of rainfall (even in the summer..). If I'd use the LaScalas I will have them painted with some weather proof black coating/paint (+ maybe some of those aluminum trims for extra safety). Normally they are gonna be standing under a roof, but we will probably protect them with something extra (some plastic trashbags on the sides etc, which we have done with some reasonable success over the last years, but I have to admit its never have been perfect) + something for the cabling. The drivers would be placed in a closed-of flightcase. We would ensure the stability of the stack with some straps, or even something "permanent" like this: L0565.jpg

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Droogne said:

that first model is yours right (with the DIY case, which is something I was also planning), great to see people succeed in such simple designs! 

Second photo is hella cool! What kind of crossovers would those use? MWM for the lowest (like a sub), the LaScals as mid-bass and the JBL horn for everything above that? 

Yes the first model is mine, the bass bins are from klipsch, i got them to get the measurements to build some for inside the house. I had these left over so I decided to make something for the yard. That bass bin can be used with the standard AA crossover, with a DIY split LaScala top. It actually sounds good together with more bass than a LaScala, which helps outside. 

I don't know what they did for a crossover for that second pic, it's a mismatch of MWM bass bins and LaScalas plus other odd top horns, who knows.

11 hours ago, Droogne said:

Not sure what the Stone The Crows incident is, but yeah weather is ***** here.. festival takes place in June so weather is pretty good normally, but it's still Belgium so we do have a lot of rainfall (even in the summer..). If I'd use the LaScalas I will have them painted with some weather proof black coating/paint (+ maybe some of those aluminum trims for extra safety). Normally they are gonna be standing under a roof, but we will probably protect them with something extra (some plastic trashbags on the sides etc, which we have done with some reasonable success over the last years, but I have to admit its never have been perfect) + something for the cabling. The drivers would be placed in a closed-of flightcase. We would ensure the stability of the stack with some straps, or even something "permanent" like this: 

Everything you say sounds like practical steps. Cabling sounds like you will have down. 

Incident referred too was an event where lead singer got shocked so, yes weather and

safety always a concern. Just wanted it to not be unsaid, in the course of things. Sure

your crew knows more than ever will about such matters.

At least it will not be snowing then. Thanks!

6 hours ago, billybob said:

Everything you say sounds like practical steps. Cabling sounds like you will have down. 

Incident referred too was an event where lead singer got shocked so, yes weather and

safety always a concern. Just wanted it to not be unsaid, in the course of things. Sure

your crew knows more than ever will about such matters.

At least it will not be snowing then. Thanks!

No snow in June would be quite a crisis ;) but oh damn, that sucks! Safety is something we will be focusing on improving his year. And I agree, it not something that should be left unsaid, even it seems the most logical off all. 

6 hours ago, Droogne said:

No snow in June would be quite a crisis ;) but oh damn, that sucks! Safety is something we will be focusing on improving his year. And I agree, it not something that should be left unsaid, even it seems the most logical off all.

Fore sure!

Somehow think your June weather even with rain more tolerable than here, lol...