Adjusting AA crossover to reduce squaker volume

Tizman

Thanks jimjimbo and djk for the clarification on how to use the existing AA components to drop the midrange.  I'm goint to put it on a switch and see how it works out.  On a switch, I can have it both ways.  Switching the capacitor value and using a different tap on theT2A is  more like the original configuration's setup, so I will try that first.

• Like 1

Oh, I've been there for sure.  I've got $100 or so in new caps and other parts for a Sony STR-6060F receiver (their first S/S receiver) that I'm going to redo after I'm done with  the Belle's and Macintosh MC250 fix.  The Sony works....but the caps are original 1967 caps so....

I've got a Carver M-1.0t that's been "upgraded" to the MkII Opt 002 and is a great sounding beast now.  That's my Spring and Summer amp since it doesn't heat up the room like the VTA ST-70 can.  Also have a completely rebuilt Carver M-200t that I replaced all the caps on, main filter caps included, plus new terminals, etc.  I hardly use it at all but I have a TX2 tuner and am trying to find a reasonably priced Carver C2 to match them to go in the garage to replace a newer Yamama surround receiver for 2-channel duty.