KC-25

sekalb

Hello all, Im new to the home theater word and recently came across a guy selling his pair of Icons KF-28's, crappy Polk Center(looking to replace) and a vsx-821k AVR on craiglsist for $500. I talked him down and got it all for $400! I really want the Reference Premiere line but I couldn't pass this deal up and figured it would be a great introduction to the world of HT. I'm extremely happy with them as I'm coming from a rinky Samsung SOundbar and these things sound great on my 60 inch Samsung Plasma! So I am here to ask if anyone knows someone that is selling the KC-25, and the surrounds that go with the icon series- KS-14's. Also looking at getting the R-112-sw so if anyone has one of those I could take off you hands that would be great too! Would love some feedback from you guys!

I have something better than a 112 sitting in my collection for sale...

I have an RSW-10 that is in nice shape that needs a new home. 

There is a guy local that I think is selling either the KS-14 or R-14S as well, I'd have to double check.

1 hour ago, sekalb said:

So I am here to ask if anyone knows someone that is selling the KC-25, and the surrounds that go with the icon series- KS-14's.

There are a few on the bay...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Klipsch+KC-25&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Klipsch+KC-25&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XKlipsch+Ks-14.TRS0&_nkw=Klipsch+Ks-14&_sacat=0

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I have something better than a 112 sitting in my collection for sale...

I have an RSW-10 that is in nice shape that needs a new home. 

There is a guy local that I think is selling either the KS-14 or R-14S as well, I'd have to double check.

Thanks for the response History kid! So the 10 would be better than the 12 inch? What makes the 10 better? My living room is around 350 sq ft. off the top of my head it's around 17x25 ft with vaulted ceilings..

If you think I should go with your 10, I'm completely open to your advice. How much would you let it go for? Is there a black friday markdown price included? :D

How much is that guy selling the Surrounds for you think?

Edited by sekalb

The RSW line is entirely different from the current Reference subs. They're sealed with a passive radiator giving them a sweet spot for movies and music. The amplifiers are more powerful bash amps. They've been selling on eBay lately at $500-$600, so as is tradition, I've had it posted on the forums here for $350 plus shipping. (Estimating $75 or up for proper)

No idea on the surrounds, I'll take a look this afternoon. Want to say it was 200 with an AVR, so maybe 100. I'll double check.

10 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

The RSW line is entirely different from the current Reference subs. They're sealed with a passive radiator giving them a sweet spot for movies and music. The amplifiers are more powerful bash amps. They've been selling on eBay lately at $500-$600, so as is tradition, I've had it posted on the forums here for $350 plus shipping. (Estimating $75 or up for proper)

No idea on the surrounds, I'll take a look this afternoon. Want to say it was 200 with an AVR, so maybe 100. I'll double check.

Oh gotcha! I had just figured bigger the better ha. Well im interested then