Accuphase amps, anyone used with Klipsch?

Hasty

I've got a pioneer SX-1980 that I had recapped about 4-5 years ago, put a TxTurbo power supply board in a year ago, and now I'm fixing a volume pot issue.  I can do some work on electronics, but I simply don't have tons of time, expertise, or desire to fix vintage stuff.  A 1980 is worth enough to pay for a sizable chunk of a "high-end" integrated amp.   I've looked at some Accuphase integrated amps (E-270 specifically), but I was wondering if anybody has any experience running Accuphase with Klipsch.   

I'm not dead-set on an Accuphase, but at this juncture I'd like to weigh some options on a "high-end" amp like Mcintosh, Accuphase, Luxman, etc. instead of using vintage and sub-$1k amps.

I decided to look around on Youtube and somebody has posted a video of the Forte-iii with a new Accuphase integrated (E-370 or E-470 I think, but I'm not sure).  It seems like a good pairing from what I can gather from a Youtube demo.

I can highly recommend the Benchmark AHB2 power amplifier matched with the Tortuga LDR preamp as an equally low noise mate. Nothing on the market even come close to the incredibly low noise floor. The AHB2 is THE lowest nose amplifier there is and it sounds wonder it is a Very powerful 100 watts per channel (with more muscle than a friends 200x2 Spectral). My combination sings on Klipsch. Best sounding amplifier I have ever experienced.

If you're primarily looking at solid state, I'd also suggest Jeff Rowland.  They are definitely pricey even on the used market but I'm not sure what your budget is.  I've used with Klipsch with very good results.

Another great "high-end" solid state brand that doesn't seem to get talked about very much around here that I really like is Classé Audio.  They are a good value for the performance and are very, very smooth.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Are these to cheap: Primeluna Prologue Classic, Line Magnetic 211 A, Audio Space AS 3i, Antique Sound Labs AQ 1003 Mark II DT 

No mention on only SS in the OP so, I listed some tube amp from around $1,400 to $2,400.

I'm not certainly looking for "expensive or forget it"  

The main reason I'm thinking solid-state is that I'd like to get an amp that is going to be maintenance-free for a few years,  has excellent sound, and has good reliability.  I've got a few decent amps and receivers, but a lot of it's older stuff that has quirks or needs repair work occassionally, or it's newer stuff that's lower-budget (~$500 stuff).  

I've got no pretense about trying to be a snob,  I just think it would be nice to have something that's really good that I can rely on.  (I feel like this every time I have an amp that's down lol)

34 minutes ago, Hasty said:

I'm not certainly looking for "expensive or forget it"  

The main reason I'm thinking solid-state is that I'd like to get an amp that is going to be maintenance-free for a few years,  has excellent sound, and has good reliability.  I've got a few decent amps and receivers, but a lot of it's older stuff that has quirks or needs repair work occassionally, or it's newer stuff that's lower-budget (~$500 stuff).  

I've got no pretense about trying to be a snob,  I just think it would be nice to have something that's really good that I can rely on.  (I feel like this every time I have an amp that's down lol)

I have been thru what you are talking about with several vintage SS amps.  I use the Yaquin MC S 13 with my speakers and really like the combination.  The Yaquin amp are good looking and reliable.  They are from China but, are audiophile grade and with high quality parts.

http://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/amplification/review-yaqin-mc13s-stereo-integrated-amplifier/

This is my second Yaquin  amp.  They are simple to operate and basically maintenance free.  I have had this amp next to $2-7k amps and just smiled when it was compared to the more expensive amps.