SOLD MARANTZ NA-7004 NETWORK AUDIO PLAYER/TUNER, APPLE AIRPLAY, USB, EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE, W/ REMOTE AND MANUAL

tidmack

24 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

Durn FedEx. They came a day early. And since SOMEBODY (me) insisted on a signature for delivery (since it is prime "porch shopping" season in Phoenix), now I gots to wait til tomorrow to play with the unit. Oh the humanity..........

Oh the pain if waiting.:angry:

Used to have that problem until I realized I could just use my work address and everything is signed for.  Cheaper to ship to business than residential also.

Bill

Houston:

The Eagle has landed. I say again, the eagle has landed. The lights turn on and it said hello. I will read the manual and begin integration on my weekend.

Let me rate the whole experience: Easy Peasy. Article arrived early, as pictured and described. The only possible thing I could find to whine about was a chip out of one of the expanded polystyrene packing spacers (OEM, not after market or improvised) but this functionally irrelevant defect was more than covered by the liberal and judicious application of bubble wrap, in an assortment of calibers. The carrier had no chance of breaking this item. Well packed, my friend. Thank you Tidmack, a pleasure doing business with you.

JBCODD

Very happy for you getting your new toy. I have to say though. It's with a hint of jealousy. I too thought this was a great deal on a great unit. And if I could have cobbled the money together. I would have bought it. 

I'm quite sure there's no DAC out there that will sound as good as this will for that kind of money. The fact that's it's so much more is just a bonus. With the exception of a few bad years. Marantz has always been a step above. 

This and a nice integrated amp, or receiver (vintage Marantz? Tube unit maybe?) on some decent Klipsch speakers, and you'll have a better sounding system then most people will ever even hear in their lifetime. 

Congrats to both of you. And good luck. 

Andy B.