Is this a mis-match

Disland

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, xo705cf said:

Agreed my 280f still impress me

There is no doubt they do.  I've heard RF-82 II that sounded fantastic.  Room acoustics and proper calibration have a lot to do with it.  My RF-83 / RC-64 sounded amazing until I bought a pair of LaScalas.  It was an entirely new experience.  There will always be bigger / better out there (even with my LaScala Trio setup).  You eventually have to get to a place where you are satisfied with what you have and can sit back and enjoy the sound.

2 hours ago, dtr20 said:

The rp-450c should be a decent improvement over the rp-440c.

I mentioned the 440 thinking that was the largest of the RP centers.  I'm still not super familiar with the new model numbers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Youthman said:

There is no doubt they do.  I've heard RF-82 II that sounded fantastic.  Room acoustics and proper calibration have a lot to do with it.  My RF-83 / RC-64 sounded amazing until I bought a pair of LaScalas.  It was an entirely new experience.  There will always be bigger / better out there (even with my LaScala Trio setup).  You eventually have to get to a place where you are satisfied with what you have and can sit back and enjoy the sound.

I mentioned the 440 thinking that was the largest of the RP centers.  I'm still not super familiar with the new model numbers. 

I agree with you that's more or less what I was trying to say I'm sure once you got the lascalas it was a whole nother level have not heard them personally but I would love to

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, xo705cf said:

I'm sure once you got the lascalas it was a whole nother level have not heard them personally but I would love to

I wouldn't recommend it.  The Rabbit Hole is a deep one I tell ya.  LOL.  It caused me to have an entirely new front cabinet built and upgrade my screen from 103" to 150" all because my previous front wall could not accomodate the LaScala Trio.  It was TOTALLY worth it though. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Youthman said:

I do need to copyright "LaScala Trio" though.  LOL

You need to trademark "Youthman Deal."  :lol:

You are fairly new here Mr. @xo705cf but @Youthman seems to be the master of finding great deals on pre-owned Klipsch speakers!  Anyone who can find a $1000 Klipsch for 200 bucks and the Seller throws in a free amp is credited with having found a Youthman deal!  B)

+++

Michael is right about his 3 LS setup having a seamless L to R soundstage but I would point out the Center in is setup is top notch, which brings me to my point; get the best center speaker you can find.

In my experience the L/C/R speakers do NOT play the same content for a given medium unless you are playing in mono.  For movies and TV 90% of the content is dialog, and 90% of dialog is played through the center.  

At one time I had Khorns L/R with a high quality MTM center speaker with Usher 7" drivers.  The Usher dominated the soundstage because dialog was dominant in the center while background music was thrown to the L/R. 

It my experience it is not 33/33/33 percent but more like 20/60/20 percent in terms of how the source outputs the signal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You need to trademark "Youthman Deal."  :lol:

You are fairly new here Mr. [mention=67221]xo705cf[/mention] but [mention=25073]Youthman[/mention] seems to be the master of finding great deals on pre-owned Klipsch speakers!  Anyone who can find a $1000 Klipsch for 200 bucks and the Seller throws in a free amp is credited with having found a Youthman deal!  B)
+++

Michael is right about his 3 LS setup having a seamless L to R soundstage but I would point out the Center in is setup is top notch, which brings me to my point; get the best center speaker you can find.

In my experience the L/C/R speakers do NOT play the same content for a given medium unless you are playing in mono.  For movies and TV 90% of the content is dialog, and 90% of dialog is played through the center.  

At one time I had Khorns L/R with a high quality MTM center speaker with Usher 7" drivers.  The Usher dominated the soundstage because dialog was dominant in the center while background music was thrown to the L/R. 

It my experience it is not 33/33/33 percent but more like 20/60/20 percent in terms of how the source outputs the signal.

About 60% of effects come from the center too. I’d much rather have a bigger more capable center channel than bigger l/r speakers and a puny center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2