AA crossover messed up with new capacitors . need help

klipsch1

Im so disappointed. I ordered new capacitors for my AA crossovers and also new diaphragms for my k55v dual phase plug mids. I changed the diaphragms and everything sounded fantastic. then I tackled 1 of the crossovers and did everything I was supposed to , just like on crites web page and when I hooked everything back up , I lost my mids and my tweeter. I'm soooooooo stressed. I don't know what could have gone wrong. please advise if anyone had similar problem  or knows how what I should be looking for? thanks

I tried to upload some pics, but it says I can only upload 2mb and it won't let me do it. 

38 minutes ago, klipsch1 said:

Im so disappointed. I ordered new capacitors for my AA crossovers and also new diaphragms for my k55v dual phase plug mids. I changed the diaphragms and everything sounded fantastic. then I tackled 1 of the crossovers and did everything I was supposed to , just like on crites web page and when I hooked everything back up , I lost my mids and my tweeter. I'm soooooooo stressed. I don't know what could have gone wrong. please advise if anyone had similar problem  or knows how what I should be looking for? thanks

I tried to upload some pics, but it says I can only upload 2mb and it won't let me do it. 

Call Bob Crites. He'll walk you through everything. I’ve been there and a few minutes on the phone worked wonders.

Mark

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cincymat said:

Call Bob Crites. He'll walk you through everything. I’ve been there and a few minutes on the phone worked wonders.

Mark

This is good advice, but I suggest sending him an email with photos of the crossover prior to calling.  Bob should be able to help.

OK I fixed it. thank you for everyones help. it was a bad solder point. I can't rally hear the difference, but I guess if everyone is saying change the capacitors then I guess I just change them and hope that its for the better :)

Now I'm going to change the other crossover to the new capacitors . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WMcD said:

Okay, so there's some app on line.  How about using MS Paint to resize.

WMcD

The program I listed is tiny and easy to use.  It will also resize a batch of pictures instead of having to do it one at a time.  It's just a tool, one of many we should all have in the toolbox. 

If all you have is a hammer then all your problems will look like nails.  B)

Ridicule me if you will.  You're only advancing the day when Skynet takes over. Or the men who serve Skynet.

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” 
 Frank Herbert, Dune

• Like 2

On 11/16/2017 at 2:13 PM, klipsch1 said:

OK I fixed it. thank you for everyones help. it was a bad solder point. I can't rally hear the difference, but I guess if everyone is saying change the capacitors then I guess I just change them and hope that its for the better :)

Now I'm going to change the other crossover to the new capacitors . 

i just changed 8 caps in my KLFs.   still assembling..   wasnt too expensive.. Solen is in my backyard..