The klipsch RF-10

Darkclwnz

Im sure this has been answered but i recently bought a full setup of klipsh RF-10 towers 2 for the front and 2 for the back as well as the RC-10 center when they went on sale at newegg 

And boy do they sound good on my old sherwood rd-7103 reciever 

its rated at 100 watts per channel at 6 ohms 

so im sure they are getting around 75 watts at 8 ohms that the speakers are rated for

but i am getting ready to upgrade to a newer reciever and i have my eyes on the Denon AVR-X2300W which comes in at 100 watts a channel at 8 ohms 

will i blow my speakers out? 

From what i have read these speakers can peak at 300watts which puts me in the ball park right? 

I also plan to bi-amp to see what the fuss is about!

any ideas or objections?

Edited by Darkclwnz
Spelling errors

4 minutes ago, Darkclwnz said:

Im sure this has been answered but i recently bought a full setup of klipsh RF-10 towers 2 for the front and 2 for the back as well as the RC-10 center when they went on sale at newegg 

And boy do they sound good on my old sherwood rd-7103 reciever 

it rated at 100 watts per channel at 6 ohms 

so im sure they are getting around 75 and 8 ohms that the speakers are rated 

but i am getting ready to upgrade to a newer reciever and i have my eyes on the Denon AVR-X2300W which comes in at 100 watts a channel at 8 ohms 

will i blow my speakers out? 

From what i have read these speakers can peak at 300 which puts me in the ball park right? 

I also plan to bi-amp so see what the fuss is about!

You will be just fine with that avr-x2300w, most damage to speakers is done by being under powered (clipping) than too much power. Just don't use anything less than 16 gauge wire for hook-ups & for long runs step up the gauge - 14 gauge has always been my minimum. Also avoid "CCW" copper clad wire too. My sig below has a few good sources for wire

• Thanks 1

For sure thanks yall 

and yeah the idea im going after with the denon is to be able to leave the speakers in "large" or full range mode and set the sub up to still play that way i get better sound all around 

the old serwood wont let me do that because it dosent have the capability 

Im looking forward to the multi channel stereo features a well for music that im missing out on 

It is commonly recommended to set all the speakers to small.  There are few exceptions to the rule if the sub is appropriate for the system.

Should I Set My Speakers to Large or Small?
People always ask this question. The answer is very simple. If you own a subwoofer that outputs good bass sound, you should set all your speakers to SMALL. In general, if you own a subwoofer, it may be wise to set all your speakers to small for several reasons:

1. When there is an overlap of bass sound from the front speakers and the subwoofer, you will get bloated and boomy bass.
  2. A subwoofer can play low frequencies all the way down to 20Hz or lower. Even relatively large front speakers cannot go that low.
  3. The placement of a sub in a room is the primary factor in receiving good bass sound. You cannot adjust the position of the front speakers and move them to the side or back.
  4. If the subwoofer and the front speakers play the same bass frequencies, there will be a possibility of phase cancellation of certain bass frequencies.
  5. Redirecting the bass to the subwoofer relieves the receiver/amplifier from having to work on reproducing the low frequencies and this greatly improves the headroom.
  6. If you are using the Audyssey MultEQ calibration, you will get much better bass performance because the MultEQ subwoofer filters have 8x higher resolution than the filters for the other speakers.

People have a psycological difficulty with the word SMALL. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95817