Alternative to replace itunes on my Mac

BBZink

Good Evening,

i am looking for an alternative to replace my itunes on my  mac.

Found this one : https://www.aimp.ru but it is for window or android only.

it is very simple and fun to use. JRiver, great, but complicated for me, so is there a good small app that play music and is easy to use to play music?

regards

58 minutes ago, Krispy Kirk said:

I'm a big fan of Media Monkey.  Try it out for free:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Wooh, too much, overkills for my need or my use, I am searching for an app that is easy to use as a turntable. take the vinyl, take the needle, drop it on the record and voilà. No cloud, no magic update, no synchronize only a clean simple app. For the rest, Spotify does the math with playlist and downloadable playlist. When teenager leave home, i will go tidal, but for now, it will stay Spotify.

What was your issue with iTunes? Just curious. I now use Roon and think its the cats meow. I used JRiver for some time and quite honestly I preferred iTunes. That was probably due to the fact that I know my way Mac OS and I struggle with windows - I was using JRiver on a windows based server. 

2 hours ago, joshnich said:

What was your issue with iTunes? Just curious. I now use Roon and think its the cats meow. I used JRiver for some time and quite honestly I preferred iTunes. That was probably due to the fact that I know my way Mac OS and I struggle with windows - I was using JRiver on a windows based server. 

Itunes is fine for managing database, but too much add-on that you lost the sense of music. Roon will try, I am waiting for my AudioQuest butterfly that comes with a 6-month try of Roon. Then we will see/hear it and decide. But what I want is listen to music, not reading it...

Also the third album I listen to Ecoute tonight an amazing clean sound, no messing around. 

Same problem with both, not able to play album randomly, only songs. Well, you could do it on iTunes, but sometimes there's are no flow in the process.

The only thing I miss is when I had a Music Membership, the genius part was really amazing.

Also what I hate, there is no way to reset iTunes Match/Music, it always messes up my entire library, I had to go thru my 2000 album and make sure genre and info we're reset properly. But each update of Genius, it messes up again my library. Also since I am fluent in French I turn my mac in French for family visiting, so now iTunes has genre mix-up when I turn the thing back to English. ex: I have the Classical genre and Classique genre.

iTunes Match is simply Frustrating and Match does not always match with the store, so sometimes in Match ex: Norah Jones is Pop and in Store, she's singer/songwriter, so now with Ecoute, it stays that way and there are even an apps for my iPhone working the same way with music.

Well, this is my 2 cents....

Another vote for Roon.  After you set up your sources (iTunes DB, music folder on a NAS share, Tidal, internet radio etc) and destinations (local Audioquest Dragonfly, Airport/Airplay, Sonos...) its interface is very intuitive and inviting - powered by a great metadata DB.  You can start out playing an album then start clicking on similar artists - it really sucks you in.  Sound quality is outstanding.  Yesterday's release added language localization so it may help you with your English/French situation.

Still happy with "Ecoute" on my mac, simple aps, no fuss, no learning, just play that's it, manage the database with itunes, do the playlist in itunes. Listen everything to "Ecoute". Happy with that on my mac.