La Scalla speakers

rock

Just now, Ceptorman said:

You probably especially missed it after first having it.

I intentionally turned my sub off the other day listening to music, it did make a difference.

Yep.  Lascalas and Heresys sound great on their own.  Once you hear them with a sub they don't sound quite as good anymore without one.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 3:14 PM, Wim M said:

Belgium is known for its chocolat and special beer, but as you say, we have always had a great tradition in motocross too.  (and there is also a little guy building big subs, LOL)  We have some nice tracks, most of them on heavy clay ground.  And when it rains, and believe me it does a lot, things get dirty and messy.  Spectacular to watch, but I guess pilots as well as equipment have a hard time.

Belgium is also know as making great guns.

Spa Francorchamps is on my bucket list.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, Wim M said:

With this same sentence, it all started 10 months ago.  It ended with something like this :D La Scala IIs paired with 2 TubaHTs

fullsizeoutput_429.jpeg

This is a great idea. Is the sub sitting on the bookshelf or is it built into it?  I assume that the opening is pointed to the ceiling.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

This is a great idea. Is the sub sitting on the bookshelf or is it built into it?  I assume that the opening is pointed to the ceiling.

The sub goes down all the way to the floor,  the driver is at the bottom of the cab and fires to the ceiling.  The cabinet in front of the sub is U-shaped and is slided over the sub.  Here's a pic of the other Tuba HT.  The cabinet in front is made a bit larger than the sub, so that there is 1/2inch space between the two.  

fullsizeoutput_428.thumb.jpeg.7b92686cf3478438604dd922bcdafa58.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
I think it was more of a sub question and yes you need a sub for music with Lascalas.  I ran one for years with mine then sold the sub when I remodeled the room the Lascalas were in.  I finished the remodel and put the system back together sans sub.  Boy I really miss it.  You lose about an octave of music without a sub and to me it's very noticeable.

Thanks guys. I brought a pair of 1982Cornwalls. Great sound. The bass is good but I think I will an a subwoofer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yep.  Lascalas and Heresys sound great on their own.  Once you hear them with a sub they don't sound quite as good anymore without one.

Well said! I just purchased Cornwall’s and the bass is good but I think subs will round out the sound that I like rich,deep,powerful bass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 10:19 AM, CECAA850 said:

Even Khorns need a sub if you want to get to 20 Hz. which make the LaScala a better choice since it's more time aligned.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:47 AM, rock said:

Saving to buy new La Scalla speakers. Do I need a pair of subwoofers? If so which do you suggest? Thanks.

Are  you still saving for new La Scala IIs and a sub? Is the purchase of used Cornwalls merely to tide you over?  If so, IMO, La Scalas — used or new — plus multiple subs, preferably horn loaded, would be a better ultimate solution than Cornwalls plus sub(s).

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...