Forum Member With Earliest Klipschorn

seti

15 hours ago, boxerjake said:

Pair of 87 and 89 k-horns  ... both bought new , original owner ( me )

pair of 78 lascalas ... original owner  ( me )

I doubt there are any original owners of 50's or 60's k-horn on the forum

I think the OP was just asking who had the oldest, original or not.

On 11/26/2017 at 3:48 PM, kuisis said:

I think the OP was just asking who had the oldest, original or not.

I was just curious about how many early models there are out there being listened to today. Pretty amazing that a product introduced in the 40's and examples as early as the 50's are still being used..... Top notch!

Rick welcome.

That’s a great looking spot for your Khorns.  You and Tom, @kuisis, are tied, so far,  with a 54 and 56 in the “ oldest still in current use” category.  At this point, @boxerjake seems to set the mark in the “oldest bought new and still in current use by original owner” category.

As previously stated, original owners of Khorns from the 50s, or early 60s, are probably with PWK now.

On 11/28/2017 at 7:23 AM, DizRotus said:

Rick welcome.

That’s a great looking spot for your Khorns.  You and Tom, @kuisis, are tied, so far,  with a 54 and 56 in the “ oldest still in current use” category. 

Yeah ..... I've got the edge on him by a very slight margin.    He owns 779 and 1096   vs   my 618 and 1069.

Thanks,   they seem to fit the room nicely.

I know that the question was for owners on this forum, but elsewhere I've become aware of one fellow owning a pair of 1952 Khorns..... #315 and  #345.      Also have a friend who owns #184 circa 1950.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rick Fedorchak said:

Yeah ..... my Khorns and Tom's Khorns are pretty close .    He owns 779 and 1096   vs   my 618 and 1069.

Thanks,   they seem to fit the room nicely.

I know that the question was for owners on this forum, but elsewhere I've become aware of one fellow owning a pair of 1952 Khorns..... #315 and  #345.      Also have a friend who owns #184 circa 1950.

Cool.  Thanks.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:18 AM, Rick Fedorchak said:

I have an older pair in regular use.      A 1954 #618 shown on the right in the picture, and a 1956 #1069 shown on the left. 

Both came with Stephens 103LX2 woofers,   University SA-HF mid drivers on K-5-J horns, and University Mid-T/4401 tweeters. 

1069 and 618 at 75pct (2).jpg

VERY NICE!!!!!

• Like 1