How to capture DATS screen for posting

Alexander

Want to be able capture the screen image(s) on the DATS program being used to plot the impedance curves of a few Klipsch speakers so they could be posted here for review. The format DATS saves them to is not recognized by any of the current software on my Win7 PC , any help on this? 

Hard to say without more info.  I can't find the manual on the Internet.  Perhaps you can tell us what graphic formats it will export, if any.

Maybe bitmap.  They tend to be large. files  But you can open them in MS Paint and save as jpg which is compressed.   It will reduce file size.

The other thing with all Windows systems is to take a screen shot by hitting the keyboard button of "prt sc".  That copies the screen image to the internal clipboard.

Then you open MS Paint and hit "Paste".  Or paste from clipboard.  

In either case it is helpful to use Paint's resize menu if the image fills more than the screen.  And do save as jpg 

Sorry if you know all this.

WMcD

• Like 1

Go to the search at the bottom of the screen and type "snipping..." and Snipping Tool" should pop up.  Select your screen info, click Save (to desktop for ease of finding it) and you're good.

It's a free app included with your Win 7 OS.

18 hours ago, WMcD said:

The other thing with all Windows systems is to take a screen shot by hitting the keyboard button of "prt sc".  That copies the screen image to the internal clipboard.

Also, an "Alt - Print screen" will copy the current Window to the clipboard. I use that to save pop-up error messages or smaller items on screen.

Bruce