R-15pm with Computer - Problems with High Quality Audio

Tim Riley

I purchased a pair of R-15pm's to use with my computer.  I have been having an issue with certain movie files MKV and now Netflix when I start to watch a movie with these speakers connected via optical connection or via USB connection.  It seems the speakers do not like certain files.  Most audio works fine but when I try to play certain files or watch Netflix I hear a popping sound right at the beginning of the movie and the speakers will not play the audio.  I thought maybe there was a firmware or something I might need.  I cant understand why this would happen. Any ideas.? 

Just now, pbphoto said:

Make sure your computer isn't trying to send the speakers multi-channel dolby digital or some other incompatible digital stream - the R-15PMs can handle 2-channel 24/96 PCM max on the optical or USB inputs.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

@Tim Riley,

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

Thanks.  I did not know that.  I thought I understood that the speakers could handle any output from the computer.  So how can I make sure I do not send this incompatible audio out to these speakers.?  Is there a sound setting.?  Is it done in the application (like Netflix?).  Thanks so much for the help!