Mc Refurb tech recommendation?

USNRET

I picked up a McIntosh MAC 4100 receiver and it looks to be one worth tuning up so I am looking for technician recommendations other than Terry Dewick (no issue with Terry at all just that he is booked up). Comment or PM. I am ready to ship out as soon as I can call Mc to see if they can still supply the carton for it.

Cosmetically it is in really nice condition. I haven't listened since I got it home but during check out at the seller's I found:

1. Power button is a little slow / weak spring / sticky. This may just be a deoxit fix.

2. All lights work and all controls are noise free except for tuning knob which is scratchy

3. FM tuner needs aligned I guess since the tuning "center" indicator is far right when station is tuned in.

20171119_105033.jpg

20171119_105109.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

FYI for those that may be sending MAC equipment to Terry that needs glass you might want to hold off. I sent Terry my 2105 last May and as luck would have it McIntosh is having problems getting glass for these units. I just talked with him and he has no idea how much longer it will be......been almost a year! Not his fault just my luck! Wanted to pass this on incase any of you are thinking of sending your unit in. I would definatly call him before hand.