2 ch integrated amp

BlessedPrince

3 hours ago, BlessedPrince said:

I stream music from a Mac. Tidal masters is only available through desktop or laptop. How can I use analog with a laptop? Any suggestions.
Right now I’m using an optical cable with adapter from Mac to receiver.

I would think you would inject a DAC between the laptop and the Yamaha.

Something simple like this.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioquest-dragonfly-black-v1-5-black/5312905.p?skuId=5312905&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=fed795fb-818f-4356-a46d-6ecb1833fe5b&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg265324&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyNP90rLP1wIVjR2BCh2E_Q6mEAQYAiABEgIQ9fD_BwE

plus this from the Dragonfly to the Yamaha.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioquest-tower-3-3-3-5mm-to-rca-interconnect-cable-white/2038757.p?skuId=2038757

By the way you don't have to spend that much for the 3.5mm to RCA adapter.  I bought mine(another brand) for $9.99.

Bill

I would think you would inject a DAC between the laptop and the Yamaha.

Something simple like this.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioquest-dragonfly-black-v1-5-black/5312905.p?skuId=5312905&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=fed795fb-818f-4356-a46d-6ecb1833fe5b&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg265324&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyNP90rLP1wIVjR2BCh2E_Q6mEAQYAiABEgIQ9fD_BwE

plus this from the Dragonfly to the Yamaha.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioquest-tower-3-3-3-5mm-to-rca-interconnect-cable-white/2038757.p?skuId=2038757

By the way you don't have to spend that much for the 3.5mm to RCA adapter.  I bought mine(another brand) for $9.99.

Bill

I thought the dragon was more like a headphone amp. How would I make that work. From usb to amp?
I have seen the rca cables, I just don’t think they can convert or decode the sound from laptop. Unless I use the dragon first and then the rca to amp. I see. Is that what you were trying to say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BlessedPrince said:

I thought the dragon was more like a headphone amp. How would I make that work. From usb to amp?
I have seen the rca cables, I just don’t think they can convert or decode the sound from laptop. Unless I use the dragon first and then the rca to amp. I see. Is that what you were trying to say.

USB usually from computer to DAC. By the way, what do you have out for audio on your Mac?

The laptop is connected to the Dragonfy via USB(digital) and out from Dragonfly DAC via 3.5mm to RCA adapter(analog) to stereo RCA inputs on the Yamaha. 

Bill

Cool! See Willand is answering. Enjoy whatever you choose and, think the Yamaha will work fine for now with your speakers.

Yes, it’s good to count on the forum members. Like the audio family[emoji6]. I’m using my A1050 receiver right now and I’m happy with music In direct mode. At least for the music I listen too. I feel like and integrated amp will give me fuller sound.

The laptop is connected to the Dragonfy via USB(digital) and out from Dragonfly DAC via 3.5mm to RCA adapter(analog) to stereo RCA inputs on the Yamaha. 

Bill

I’ve been known about this but had forgotten. I just looked it up and they’ve updated the dragon dac with MQA which is what Tidal uses or promotes. Even better.

• Like 1

Yes, it’s good to count on the forum members. Like the audio familyemoji6.png. I’m using my A1050 receiver right now and I’m happy with music In direct mode. At least for the music I listen too. I feel like and integrated amp will give me fuller sound.

They know their stuff, like I have said before. Do think you will really like the integrated quite a lot. Sometimes when moving from one audio component, the music takes on let's say different characteristics. All should be good with only upside surprises.. Direct mode can sound really good on some pieces like my Marantz. Like Yamaha sound as well. Think you will not find disappointment.

What I was referring to about audio out earlier on your computer were the connections. I have streamed from my Dell out to amp without a n external DAC at times. It can be rewarding depending upon your soundcard. If so, I would do it just for comparison sake. It made me realize the diff. with and without.

Listening at reasonable(?) levels with the Yamaha will tell a tale also. Hope so!

They know their stuff, like I have said before. Do think you will really like the integrated quite a lot. Sometimes when moving from one audio component, the music takes on let's say different characteristics. All should be good with only upside surprises.. Direct mode can sound really good on some pieces like my Marantz. Like Yamaha sound as well. Think you will not find disappointment.
What I was referring to about audio out earlier on your computer were the connections. I have streamed from my Dell out to amp without a n external DAC at times. It can be rewarding depending upon your soundcard. If so, I would do it just for comparison sake. It made me realize the diff. with and without.
Listening at reasonable(?) levels with the Yamaha will tell a tale also. Hope so!

I was running an optical cable with adapter to laptop. To receiver. This allowed the laptop to be bypassed with the settings on the Tidal app. I was getting 96khz on the mastered music. It does sound fuller in my opinion and cleaner. But even then it was limited. I need an MAQ DAC which will unfold the whole file. So thanks to willland, I’m most likely gonna get the Red dragonfly.

15 minutes ago, BlessedPrince said:

I was running an optical cable with adapter to laptop. To receiver. This allowed the laptop to be bypassed with the settings on the Tidal app. I was getting 96khz on the mastered music. It does sound fuller in my opinion and cleaner. But even then it was limited. I need an MAQ DAC which will unfold the whole file. So thanks to willland, I’m most likely gonna get the Red dragonfly.

Had to sound decent I would think. Those Dragonfly's get good reviews. I liked letting my MusiciStreamer II do a slow burn-in while listening. It took a little time but then wow. Was using it for YouTube mostly. Really helped at the time. Someone was just speaking of the new to me format on forum.. Know you will let 

us know how it all sounds. Congrats!

Had to sound decent I would think. Those Dragonfly's get good reviews. I liked letting my MusiciStreamer II do a slow burn-in while listening. It took a little time but then wow. Was using it for YouTube mostly. Really helped at the time. Someone was just speaking of the new to me format on forum.. Know you will let 
us know how it all sounds. Congrats!

I will definitely share my experience that I think will be very pleasing.

• Thanks 1