2 ch integrated amp

BlessedPrince

Vintage or new model?  I have a really nice vintage Dynaco ST-400, but no optical inputs on a stereo amp made in 1970

I’m looking for an integrated amp with a built in dac. Not a power amp. So I can use it with optical from laptop and stream lossless audio. That amp sounds nice though. How much you asking, if you don’t mind the question.

why not purchase a integrated switching amp (digital) then you can direct input what ever digital source you have and forget messing with a dac all together. I think an integrated with a built in dac is much more of a compromise than I would  ever be willing to make, that is simply my opinion. Nuforce and others make such units.

4 hours ago, BlessedPrince said:

I’m looking for an integrated amp with a built in dac. Not a power amp. So I can use it with optical from laptop and stream lossless audio.

Then I have no problem suggesting any of these.

Yamaha A-S801

Onkyo A-9070

NAD C375DAC

Wow, this is a nice deal.  Excellent integrated with an excellent outboard DAC.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-anthem-225-integrated-with-sr-blue-fuses-2017-11-19-integrateds

Anthem

Bill

Anthem 225.jpg

47 minutes ago, BlessedPrince said:

I think my be going for the Yamaha a s701. Something cheaper for now. I have the a s200 and it’s surprisingly good,I use it for work. Not for home use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The A-S701 is a fine integrated.  Not much different than the 801.

Bill

Ok....try this link.  :)

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/stereoreceivers/home-audio/receivers-amps/stereo-receivers/1.html

Or this one...

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/integratedamp/home-audio/receivers-amps/integrated-amps/1.html

That Marantz PM6005 is nice at $649 or the 7005 for a tad more, although the 7005 is out of stock.  Quite a few for less...and more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlessedPrince said:

I think my be going for the Yamaha a s701. Something cheaper for now. I have the a s200 and it’s surprisingly good,I use it for work. Not for home use.

I got a A-S500 Il sell...bought it from forum member

I'll go $175.00 plus shipping

Think about it

George

• Like 3

A-S500 is 85 watts X2.....RF-280's....max continuous is 160 watts....to be honest it may be on the low side....powerwise.

could hold you over for a bit....remember it's analog only...no fiber optic

....think about it....PM me an offer....I am not going to use it.

George

A-S500 is 85 watts X2.....RF-280's....max continuous is 160 watts....to be honest it may be on the low side....powerwise.
could hold you over for a bit....remember it's analog only...no fiber optic
....think about it....PM me an offer....I am not going to use it.

George

I stream music from a Mac. Tidal masters is only available through desktop or laptop. How can I use analog with a laptop? Any suggestions.
Right now I’m using an optical cable with adapter from Mac to receiver.