When Do You Decorate For Christmas?

Ceptorman

Always decorated beginning thanksgiving night, after the meal start with the tree, always to music.

Tree decorating the next day. As family comes n goes the tree will fill up for the day we all get together again, Christmas.

Looking forward to it this year since life had dictated no festivities for the last several years.

Already have the Music going here, All classical works related to the season.

On that note, I was looking for a thread that wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and holidays this year, so

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone of this Forum!!!

May your holidays be filled with excessive JOY!

Tim

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tim Sr. said:

Always decorated beginning thanksgiving night, after the meal start with the tree, always to music.

Tree decorating the next day. As family comes n goes the tree will fill up for the day we all get together again, Christmas.

Looking forward to it this year since life had dictated no festivities for the last several years.

Already have the Music going here, All classical works related to the season.

On that note, I was looking for a thread that wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and holidays this year, so

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone of this Forum!!!

May your holidays be filled with excessive JOY!

Tim

Thanks Tim, I hope you have a great holidays also. I like Thanksgiving.

Here's a Thanksgiving thread.......

17 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

rplace nice to see you still have my center Belle's sister B)

Gosh that has been a long time. I had them both for a while. I don't think GaryMD ever used his. I remember cleaning it up and taking pictures for GaryMD. I can't even remember how you got it. Did you go to Gary's house to pick it up or come to mine, or some other mode of transport? Mine is going strong as center for HT with upgraded XOs. What has yours been up to.

16 hours ago, rplace said:

Gosh that has been a long time. I had them both for a while. I don't think GaryMD ever used his. I remember cleaning it up and taking pictures for GaryMD. I can't even remember how you got it. Did you go to Gary's house to pick it up or come to mine, or some other mode of transport? Mine is going strong as center for HT with upgraded XOs. What has yours been up to.

I picked it up at Gary's . He wasn't going to use it and offered it up for what he had in it . Loved his set ups ; the Cornwalls are sweet . KHorns  were nice and if memory serves me he got them for free ? Anyway my Belle hasn't hurt me yet but both Gary and my brother threw their backs out helping load and unload it . My center has been rolling with a DeanG super AA network for 12 years now and going strong .

Old pic but speaker set up is the same .

P1000594.jpg

• Like 1

@sunburnwilly Now that you mention it I seem to remember helping Gary load it in his car at my house to take to his. I escaped the back problems that little lady seems to dish out.

IIRC, we picked them up from Joe each decided on which was ours but I had more room so stored Gary's till he was read for it. He never was. Good for you, right? Yes Gary has two of the best all time setups ever. The Cornwalls are simply an audio work of art in that Zebra wood. The system for them is equally nice and classic. His Khorn setup is out of this world that table and cartridge combo is sublime. But only if the recordings are perfect. Very unforgiving. It is an experience for sure if you have the good fortune to hear it. He moved a lot closer to me so I see him more frequently. Small Klipsch-world indeed. He did get them for free. What a great story that is. I searched the forum a month or so back for it and could not find it. Anyone not knowing that story would enjoy it, if a Klipsch fan.

Great picture I started to count them up then read your signature. All Belle set up, very nice! I bet it sounds great. If one of us ever gets rid of ours we will have to have a pact to give the other guy first crack at it. I don't think mine is going anywhere. By the looks of your well thought out room I don't think yours is either. Is it the actual center one? I'd guess so since it is probably the odd man out of two pairs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rplace said:

Yes Gary has two of the best all time setups ever. The Cornwalls are simply an audio work of art in that Zebra wood. The system for them is equally nice and classic. His Khorn setup is out of this world that table and cartridge combo is sublime. But only if the recordings are perfect. Very unforgiving. It is an experience for sure if you have the good fortune to hear it.

Agreed on the setups and his record collection is silly . We listened to Steely Dan on the Cornwalls and on the KHorns he let me play this from a CD ^_^

9 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Bose in the house

Nice touch! Is that the acoustic wave ribbon?

9 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

On topic I will probably put the tree up next week . 

Christmas 2005

Is that a cat on the bottom shelf with laser eyes?

• Like 1

On 2017-11-23 at 10:46 PM, sunburnwilly said:

I picked it up at Gary's . He wasn't going to use it and offered it up for what he had in it . Loved his set ups ; the Cornwalls are sweet . KHorns  were nice and if memory serves me he got them for free ? Anyway my Belle hasn't hurt me yet but both Gary and my brother threw their backs out helping load and unload it . My center has been rolling with a DeanG super AA network for 12 years now and going strong .

Old pic but speaker set up is the same .

P1000594.jpg

What a set up! Would love to get my hands on Belles at some point. You sir, have an embarrassment of riches!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well we did our decorating such as it is yesterday and this afternoon. Cindy just lit the menorah as it is now officially the first night of Hanukkah. Sipping on a few festive beverages and will then begin making a batch of date honey and then on to some serious latke frying. Happy Hanukkah to my fellow Jews and Merry Christmas to all my Christian friends.

50AADA44-4A80-4AC5-8575-439A163EA8F6.jpeg

3914306F-DD50-4655-9E33-FE22F5528B6D.jpeg

• Like 1