In wall speakers for surrounds

tnycman

I have the fronts and center which are KS-7800-TH Ultra2, not sure if its a good idea to use the same for the rear surrounds..

The room is ~ 12.5w, 15L.. one row of seating, and since this is attic the walls are lower, the rear will be at about 6ft and the sides about 4.5 ft which will be next to the sitting area.. The wiring is done for Atmos 7.2.4, but I'm sure if having two side speakers blasting at the ear level..

Any suggestions ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/20/2017 at 8:47 AM, tnycman said:

I have the fronts and center which are KS-7800-TH Ultra2, not sure if its a good idea to use the same for the rear surrounds..

The room is ~ 12.5w, 15L.. one row of seating, and since this is attic the walls are lower, the rear will be at about 6ft and the sides about 4.5 ft which will be next to the sitting area.. The wiring is done for Atmos 7.2.4, but I'm sure if having two side speakers blasting at the ear level..

Any suggestions ?

I would consider getting the identical KS-7800-TH Ultra2s to use as surrounds.  It looks like they are less than 2 feet tall, so I would simply mount all surrounds as high as possible, given your short walls --- unless it's possible to mount them on the (sloping?) attic ceiling, way to the sides, then I'd consider that. 

As far as the side speakers blasting, you can adjust the trims in your AVR or pre/pro.  IMO, the problem with side speakers which are straight to the left and right is that the person in the seat the farthest to the side gets an ear full, while the person in the center may not get enough, since the sound has to go around the side person.   We refused to do that, so we put the side surrounds about 3 feet behind the seats, perhaps at about 125 degrees, on each side, but as far as possible to the sides, aimed at the ears of the person in the center seat.  That worked quite well, with the left and right walls capable of being filled with sound, and having quite good "side imaging," all the way from slightly behind the audience to the front speakers. 

• Like 1