*SOLD* Very Early! La Scala Pair - Seattle WA - Looking to sell

RJB2

Com'n Man it's football night. Grab a drink, listen to the game thru Klipsch AND send a few coins to the museum LaScala cause. Seriously, don't feel bad or shy; a few bucks here and there add up. Show a donation email from Christi and I will serve you baby backs or steak and beverage at my house

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Com'n Man it's football night. Grab a drink, listen to the game thru Klipsch AND send a few coins to the museum LaScala cause. Seriously, don't feel bad or shy; a few bucks here and there add up. Show a donation email from Christi and I will serve you baby backs or steak and beverage at my house

I’m on my way!  Haha!!

Thank you Mike!

• Like 1

Some of y'all are really showing your Heritage noobiness....and frankly, aesthetic snobbery.

These cabs are the original La Scala design.....not meant for the home, but truly designed as a theater work horse. No cosmetic treatment, and straight to the point functionality.

Performance wise, these cabinets are arguably superior to the product that eventually found its way into people's homes.

The top is fully open to avoid creating a cavity, the likes of which they subsequently "fixed" on the La Scala II. The woofer chamber is assembled horizontally for maximum mouth rigidity. The sides braced full length in this way, the bottom constrained by the floor, and the upper side secured by the K400 horn extension/baffle. Not cosmetic, but a very effective design.

Heavy duty full-ply Birch, not veneered Fir. Paint? Satin black, like everything else in show business. When the lights dim, the cabinets disappear into the shadows.

The crossovers are bullet-proof PIO.

Awesome historical find. True vintage. I would totally buy these so long as they weren't rotted or moldy on the inside.

I agree with HDR...hang them the museum ceiling upside down, drive them with a small SET amp, and a touch of EQ thrown in around 40-50Hz for an amazing background music experience. In fact, I know just who to contact to find the perfect tube amp to drive these pair.

• Like 5