*SOLD* Very Early! La Scala Pair - Seattle WA - Looking to sell

RJB2

15 minutes ago, AsD said:

This is truly awesome! I would really like to see some pics of the speakers once you have them set up in the museum. Will you be finishing them up again or just keep them as is?

They need to leave Seattle and get to Hope before such final decisions can be made.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in awe of all of you guys. I just joined, registered whatever so I could express my admiration for your all your efforts to save history. I saved a beautiful 1973 Penn Aluminum Stepvan that was on its way to the scrapyard for aluminum salvage. I've searched for years and have never been able to find another one. I've had offers but I'm afraid that it will get cut up for a food wagon. I wandered into Jerrys Audio in 1980 just to kill some time and a salesman let me listen to a pair of LaScala's. I did'nt even own a car at the time but an hour later I owned a Pair of speakers I had never even heard of before. I bought some old Onkyo amp and proceeded to shock and amaze all my friends and neighbors and relatives and church members! I had to sell them to a close friend who still has them due to severe financial issues. I have been trying to buy them back for years but the jerk is just as addicted to them as I am!  I was able to purchase another set in 1995 so all is well but I have an almost irresistable urge to buy every set I see on the internet. I can't beat the addiction. Another friend just gave me a set of RF-7's and a large Yamaha Amp (yes, I am truly blessed) and hope to combine them as soon as I finish My 900 sq.ft. room addition. I can't wait! I hope I can figure it out. I just wandered into this forum by accident this morning. Funny how life works out. Again, I truly admire you all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, lucky LaScala owner said:

I am in awe of all of you guys. I just joined, registered whatever so I could express my admiration for your all your efforts to save history. I saved a beautiful 1973 Penn Aluminum Stepvan that was on its way to the scrapyard for aluminum salvage. I've searched for years and have never been able to find another one. I've had offers but I'm afraid that it will get cut up for a food wagon. I wandered into Jerrys Audio in 1980 just to kill some time and a salesman let me listen to a pair of LaScala's. I did'nt even own a car at the time but an hour later I owned a Pair of speakers I had never even heard of before. I bought some old Onkyo amp and proceeded to shock and amaze all my friends and neighbors and relatives and church members! I had to sell them to a close friend who still has them due to severe financial issues. I have been trying to buy them back for years but the jerk is just as addicted to them as I am!  I was able to purchase another set in 1995 so all is well but I have an almost irresistable urge to buy every set I see on the internet. I can't beat the addiction. Another friend just gave me a set of RF-7's and a large Yamaha Amp (yes, I am truly blessed) and hope to combine them as soon as I finish My 900 sq.ft. room addition. I can't wait! I hope I can figure it out. I just wandered into this forum by accident this morning. Funny how life works out. Again, I truly admire you all!

Welcome to the Forum!  Hope you stick around. It can be just as addictive as Klipsch speakers!!!

• Like 1

I had an interesting and enjoyable conversation with Jim Hunter, @JRH, yesterday.  He emailed photos of one of the speakers now in the museum.  I’ll leave it to him to decide when and how he wants to share photos with the forum.  It has been a pleasure and an honor being part of the museum’s acquisition of these historically significant La Scalas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2017 at 7:50 AM, dtel's wife said:

Our goal for this project has been met. Thank you all for your generosity. We could not have made this acquisition without all of the our help. 

Christy

Donation sent.  Hopefully there will be future opportunities to add to the museum.  Really would love to visit some day!

• Like 1