*SOLD* Very Early! La Scala Pair - Seattle WA - Looking to sell

RJB2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, RJB2 said:

That said, I will not sell them right away unless someone shows up with over $1000 for it. If you guys would like to see what can be done in terms of raising money to purchase them I'm very open to it.

Wow, $1000?  I paid less than 1/2 that for my pair of LaScalas and they are in excellent condition other than a few small knicks in the cabinet.  I really don't know the value of these but I just can't see someone spending that amount then to spend probably equally as much on restoring them.  Regardless of what you decide, best wishes to you in finding a good home or museum for these.  @dtel's wife would need to decide what they would be worth to the museum and make an offer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Once again, I am willing to throw in !00 bucks for these to be purchased by the museum, just need to know where and when to send it.  Keep in mind that there are the shipping costs, too!

Look back if you want to. Transpo may be covered already.

As much as the donation thing would be great, I think after his last replies we'll see those going down the road to someone locally.  As bad of shape as they're in, I don't know who would want to spend big bucks on those to have to redo them to make them sound better; the cost would outweigh the benefits.  

But I've been wrong before...

oldest I've seen too, and I've seen a few.  I have seen a pair with the horizontal wedge, theater models also.  IIRC and I might not, they were 12" woofers.No idea whatever on the serial numbers, too much water under the bridge.  Cool deal, but the museum is the place for them if can be arranged.  I'm in for $25.   Who's collecting?

18 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Wow, $1000?  I paid less than 1/2 that for my pair of LaScalas and they are in excellent condition other than a few small knicks in the cabinet.  I really don't know the value of these but I just can't see someone spending that amount then to spend probably equally as much on restoring them.  Regardless of what you decide, best wishes to you in finding a good home or museum for these. 

^this^

This is why I said that the worth about what Schu offered. The worth to the museum might be at $400, but for someone to buy and fix to use is closer to the $200 range. 

• Like 3

Like I posted on the Facebook KLIPSCH OWNERS Group I am willing to donate some money, because they belong in the museum. I am concerned that if a local private individual buys them, when they realize the time and expense to do a proper restore that they might decide to either do a kludged mess to get them working or they end on an eBay auction or they end up in a landfill - instead of doing a proper restore.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rjw1678 said:

Like I posted on the Facebook KLIPSCH OWNERS Group I am willing to donate some money, because they belong in the museum. I am concerned that if a local private individual buys them, when they realize the time and expense to do a proper restore that they might decide to either do a kludged mess to get them working or they end on an eBay auction or they end up in a landfill - instead of doing a proper restore.

Not only THAT, but the local interest in them MOST LIKELY is not aware that the bass bin is only designed and loaded with a 12" woofer, instead of the 15" woofer used later...reduction in bass bin performance with the 12" woofer will do one of two things...or both:  DECREASE/ELIMINATE local offers amounts; or if actually purchased locally, then once they see that these don't/WON'T perform like the later LaScala speakers, they will be right back out on the market with slim possibility of the purchaser getting their investment back.  It is what it is...ESPECIALLY when there are plenty of later model LaScala speaker pairs out there going for the same or less all the time...and needing LESS TLC!...while providing better bottom-end performance.  The "bird in hand" rule of buyers leads me to believe that the museum purchase will be the most likely outcome, when all is said and done.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

A plan is in place.  More patience and less speculation is called for at this time. Don't forget, this a seller's thread in Garage Sale.  Please respect that.

@DizRotus, thank you for your phone call today. I think we are all in agreement these LaScalas are deserving of placement in the Museum. We will all do whatever is necessary to accomplish this task. 

Thank you to everyone that has offered input and monetary assistance to make this happen. 

There are times I feel “tested” by my involvement in the museum and then there are times that my heart explodes with pride. This is a case of feeling the pride. You guys are absolutely the best. 

Looking forward to the next update from @DizRotus  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Once again, I am willing to throw in !00 bucks for these to be purchased by the museum, just need to know where and when to send it.  Keep in mind that there are the shipping costs, too!

Shipping is free guys. We have a guy from our Facebook owners group making the drive from up there to hope and he offered to bring them for free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scrappydue said:

Shipping is free guys. We have a guy from our Facebook owners group making the drive from up there to hope and he offered to bring them for free. 

Sure wish I was a "facebook owner"...I would get things changed back to at least a SEMBLANCE of sanity on that website REAL FAST!

I was jokingly putting a value of 100$ on them... and 200$ is an increase of 100% in value which I was trying to illustrate the historical significance of them had they turned out to be horizontal la scalas. 

As a collector, I would love to own them and I WOULD NOT change one thing about them... specially the finish. Having these rare items in the hands of private collectors is a good thing, having them in the museum is a great thing

• Like 3