*SOLD* Very Early! La Scala Pair - Seattle WA - Looking to sell

RJB2

• Moderators
Just now, Woofers and Tweeters said:

grrrr

I was hoping to buy and donate them to the museum with the only agreement is to have a placard of my ugly mugshot to be displayed as the donor. 

Once we finalize the donation procedure for this project the placard will read something similar to “Donated by the Klipsch Forum Community, Klipsch Owners Facebook Group” and other Facebook group members that may contribute, such as Vintage Klipsch Owners, Klipsch Fanatics, etc. This project struck a chord with a lot of folks. The momentum assured the Museum could make the acquisition. We could not have accomplished this without all of you supporting the effort. 

I’m truly overwhelmed!!!  Thank you all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Schu said:

As a collector, I would love to own them and I WOULD NOT change one thing about them... specially the finish. Having these rare items in the hands of private collectors is a good thing, having them in the museum is a great thing

I haven't read to the end of the thread yet, but I 100% agree with @Schu.  If going to a museum, do not change a thing.  In this special instance, they way they are with their bangs and blemishes is the only way to go.  It tells a story of a long journey.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doug Martin said:

If it were me, I would donate those to the museum. There’s only small monetary value, with them, but great heritage value.

Well said. 

And welcome to the Klipsch forum with an excellent Post #1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I may not be online for a couple of days or so, because I woke up this morning with really bad flu-symptoms...so need to stay in bed as much as possible ...BUT I will check back as soon as I am able to in order to find out where to send my 100 bucks donation on these scalawags...good job folks, getting these for the museum...now all we need to do is figure out where to PUT them in the museum...but that is JRH's problem, isn't it?? LOL!

If it was MY decision where to put them, I would do this: I would get them totally FUNCTIONAL...and fly them upside down in two corners of a room in the museum and listen to them as background music as I was taking people on tours.  Music played very low volume on these would show the clarity and detail that EFFICIENT horn-loaded speakers have at ANY volume!  Know what I mean?

• Like 4

On 11/21/2017 at 7:03 PM, garyrc said:

FWIW, PWK presented a paper at the spring convention of the AES, 1965 describing the La Scala of that time.  The drawings show a bass bin orientation like the ones found by the OP have.

Apparently PWK desingned the ones for Winthrop Rockefeller 2 years earlier.  Rockefeller ran against the notorious Orval E. Faubus, the segregationist.

I'll have to look up that paper.

Fabus was scary but Rockefeller had his sins as well.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

Patience Andy.  The speakers are still in Seattle.  The powers that be are working out the arrangements so that ALL who want to contribute toward the purchase to benefit the museum are able to do so.

Will post details tomorrow!!!  You guys are great!!!

• Moderators

Sorry for the delay in posting on how to contribute.

First, I would like to thank @DizRotus for securing this purchase while the Museum was determining how to handle these donations internally. I also want to thank Dan Hanson, who I don't believe is a member here, but is a member of several Facebook groups dedicated to fans of Klipsch and vintage hi-fi gear.  Dan will be picking the LaScalas up this weekend in Seattle, WA (325 miles from his home) storing them and delivering them to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History in Hope, AR shortly after January 1. 

After consulting with legal counsel and our CPA, we are pleased to announce that anyone who contributes will be awarded a Charter Membership equal to the amount of your donation.  We are still determining the exact Membership classes and should be releasing the details on those around January 1.

I would also encourage each of you to "follow" the Museum section on this forum.  We have a lot of exciting projects in the works and we can't wait to share them with each of you. Here's the link to the Museum section should you want to "follow" us:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/113-klipsch-museum-of-audio-history/

So for those of you wanting to contribute you may do so via Paypal

donations@klipschmuseum.org 

If you do not have Paypal and wish to mail a check or money order feel free to PM me and I will provide you with the Museum's mailing address.  Thank you all for your support.  It is greatly appreciated.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

Sorry for the delay in posting on how to contribute.

First, I would like to thank @DizRotus for securing this purchase while the Museum was determining how to handle these donations internally. I also want to thank Dan Hanson, who I don't believe is a member here, but is a member of several Facebook groups dedicated to fans of Klipsch and vintage hi-fi gear.  Dan will be picking the LaScalas up this weekend in Seattle, WA (325 miles from his home) storing them and delivering them to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History in Hope, AR shortly after January 1. 

After consulting with legal counsel and our CPA, we are pleased to announce that anyone who contributes will be awarded a Charter Membership equal to the amount of your donation.  We are still determining the exact Membership classes and should be releasing the details on those around January 1.

I would also encourage each of you to "follow" the Museum section on this forum.  We have a lot of exciting projects in the works and we can't wait to share them with each of you. Here's the link to the Museum section should you want to "follow" us:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/113-klipsch-museum-of-audio-history/

If you do not have Paypal and wish to mail a check or money order feel free to PM me and I will provide you with the Museum's mailing address.  Thank you all for your support.  It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!  Donation sent. Just wondering...how much was the purchase price for these scalawags?  Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

Donation sent.

If you have donations that exceed the cost of the speakers, please use any way you wish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rjw1678 said:

Which option should I use when sending the donation thru PayPal? options are "pay for goods and services", "friends and family" or "send a gift"

I used friends and family.  There is no extra fee and went through quick and easy. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, rjw1678 said:

Also I posted the information about contributing and some pictures on the following Facebook Groups :

Vintage Klipsch Fans

Klipsch Fanatics

To raise the awareness.

Later

Bob W.

Greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much!

Christy