Vintage Heresy speakers came with the house

MTJULES

Hello,

We recently purchased a home in Montana and it came with a pair of vintage Heresy speakers. I have no idea what they are worth, but know they are classic!!

I have attached the pix... please enlighten me on what I have!!

Thank you, 

Jules (MTJULES) on the Forum

KLIPSCH HERESY SPEAKERS_1.jpg

KLIPSCH HERESY SPEAKERS_8504081.jpg

KLIPSCH HERESY SPEAKERS_8504082.jpg

Welcome.  Many here would love to buy a house and find those waiting inside.  If you need suggestions or advice regarding how to best use them, you've come to the right place.  Just remember that free advice is often worth what you paid for it, including this advice.

Jules,

You've got yourself a gem.  Looks like original owner babied them and caressed them.  Don't get in a hurry to sell them, enjoy them for a while.  That while may turn into a very long while if you are not hurting for some $$$.  What they are worth today will be the same or better this time next year.

How about more photos to show off that oak oil finish.

Bill

You have the last run of the Cornwall 1 made in 1985.

Yours have the optional risers, real wood veneer, and appear to be in excellent condition.

Klipsch is now selling the Cornwall III.

The old owners must be down-sizing.

Nobody with the room for Cornwalls sells them, UNLESS they go UP the Klipsch ladder. Or they are tone-deaf - LOL!

They are that good!

Talk to your buddy’s and see who has a GOOD stereo to listen to them on.

Take the time to try them!

And like Willland said, don’t be in a hurry to sell them. 

There is no expiration date on quality.

• Like 1

Chi-ching!! Home run! 

Try to get an old, '70s Marantz, Yamaha, Sansui receiver or integrated amp to power them, 50 to 125 watts/channel.  Near a wall and near a corner should be sublime.  Or maybe something like a Yamaha A-S501

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s501/specs.html#product-tabs

Be sure it carries an FTC rating (X watts/ch, 20-20,000 Hz at Y% THD, both channels driven into Z ohms) to help ensure you are buying a good quality piece.  If the maker won't publish an FTC rating, a demanding test, it's probably crappy. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...