Forte 1 center channel

nlt6mor

I am getting tired of waiting for another pair of walnut Forte I to come up that I can afford.   Seems their price has gone up since the release of Forte III!!!    Have seen quit a few Walnut KG4 that I could afford.     I will be replacing my current Oak KG2.2.   What are you feelings of a KG 4 between Crites updated Forte 1s.   I have Forte 1s also in place for the surrounds.   Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks Wuzzer.  I am sure there would be some tonal difference  between forte and KG4.   Any guess what frequencies would most express that difference?  I ask because my hearing is very poor in the upper registers,  and if that is where tonal differences would be most noticeable,  I might be OK with KG4.  I hear they have tight accurate bass and that is right down my ally.  Midrange is probably most import for the center any way.

16 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

The midrange of a forte should be a little clearer due to the squawker covering that portion of the audio.  However, the exponential horn in the KG4 should be a step up from the dhorn in the 2.2.

Thanks,  so I suppose the smart thing to do is to divide up the surround fortes and use one for the center.  I have 36" space under the TV so it can stand upright.  Use newly aquired KG4 for the surround speakers?  Just one lonely left over Forte1.