SOLD: NOS Valves VRD hot-rodded amps (Magnequest Iron)

Breakdown7

SOLD

After much thinking and debating, I have decided to put my VRD amps up for sale. These were A1UC's amps (Rodney), and he invested a lot with Craig (NOS Valves) building these incredible amplifiers. He took great care of them, as did I.  There are a lot of upgrades that have to be heard to be appreciated.  Some of the upgrades are as follows...

PRP resistor and power supply bypass cap upgrade

Jupiter caps

Grain match front of amplifiers

Upgraded footers

*Custom Magnequest transformers*

Cardas speaker binding posts

Furutech RCA input jacks

Furutech IEC's

Included with the VRD's are some nice tubes I personally love with these amps...

Mullard CV4003/12AU7 boxplate pair- Kevin Deal (Upscale Audio) platinum grade

Telefunken 12AX7 smooth plate pair - Andy Bouman (Vintage Tube Services)

Electro-Harmonix KT-88 quad 

Sovtek 5AR4 pair of rectifiers

I purchased these from Rodney this past summer and have enjoyed them immensely.  I took immaculate care of them and the thought of selling them is not something I want to do.  My wife and I are having our second child, due in January, and I've decided to sell of some of my toys to help out financially when my wife is out of work.  Original boxes, packing, manual, power cords, etc. are all included.    We are a smoke/pet free home. Please message me for more pics if interested.  $4000 + shipping with the selected set of tubes mentioned above.

91660A20-045D-43B0-ACBC-8CB82E98A655.jpeg

97E87307-9F65-4A69-8508-F935FA0E5E0B.jpeg

D714D013-D5B0-40F2-AE81-AF6FAAF2A506.jpeg

38F63773-E999-4343-A97D-C876F22BB423.jpeg

10 hours ago, Schu said:

You didn't mention Magnequest....

It's hiding in the list of upgrades, but yes, thanks for mentioning Schu.  I retyped the list of upgrades, so hopefully now everyone can see.  The Magnequest transformers are a HUGE upgrade with these.  Rodney put nearly $7K into these, best I remember.  I sold my other VRD's when I heard these amps.  The increased bandwidth with the custom Magnequest iron produces some of the best low end presence I've ever experienced with tube amplification.  I've owned a lot of gear over the years, and these VRD's with the custom iron are special.  I've just got too much going on right now and could use the cash for other things in life that have taken priority.  If they sell, I'm going to miss them.  

On 11/27/2017 at 2:26 PM, Nailbender said:

I have a “standard” set of VRDs in cherry  I would consider as partial trade for your super ones if interested.

Brian

Thanks for the offer. I’m only selling these to stir up some cash while my wife is out of work. I would much prefer an outright sale. I’ll have to think about it. 

On 12/1/2017 at 6:09 PM, paul79 said:

Shit like this should sell instantly. If they were auditioned, they would be going home with whomever heard them. Folks, these are some of the best push pull tube amps on this planet.

There are a lot of equipment changes I might consider but my VRD's will stay.  It doesn't even cross my mind.  

• Thanks 1