SOLD: NOS Valves VRD hot-rodded amps (Magnequest Iron)

Breakdown7

28191944219_148f6b3963_k.jpg

The case is a "decent" match to the current vrds... but if course, not the same :(

I understand you need what you need for them, I respect that completely even if I am a bit saddened. I am not really interested in any of the tubes except for the telefunken 12ax7 and mullard cv4003... but my preference is for what you got them for from rodney or a trade plus cash.

If I am somewhat honest with myself, I have to ask just how could anything be much better than my current Jupiter VRD's... 

Klipsch Family...I just sold my VRDs for $1850 ( free shipping ) ..here in the Garage Sale !  

Should have I sold them for more? ... Or,  ?..are THESE $4000 ones up for sale righteously priced, since they obviously been HotRodded ??  

They are righteously priced, in my opinion. These are far from your "normal" VRD amps.  The Magnequest transformers alone cost Rodney like $2100, not even to mention the other upgrades. FYI, I sold my standard VRD’s (with upgraded Auricaps) for $1700 locally after I bought these hot-rodded amps. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Schu said:

The case is a "decent" match to the current vrds... but if course, not the same :(

I understand you need what you need for them, I respect that completely even if I am a bit saddened. I am not really interested in any of the tubes except for the telefunken 12ax7 and mullard cv4003... but my preference is for what you got them for from rodney or a trade plus cash.

If I am somewhat honest with myself, I have to ask just how could anything be much better than my current Jupiter VRD's... 

Schu, I'm sure your current Jupiter VRD's sound great man.  These just add that touch of extra refinement, bandwidth, pinpoint imaging, etc.  If you decided to purchase the amps, you could always sell the tubes if you didn't want them.  I just don't want to hassle with doing that right now.  We have a two week old baby girl, so my time is focused elsewhere at the moment. I'd rather sell everything together and be done.  That, or just hold on to the amps until I'm through this hump where my wife is out of work with the baby.  If I do the latter, then I'll be in the market for another NBS down the road.  The match between amps and preamp cannot be overstated, but that is another story in itself.  

They are righteously priced, in my opinion. These are far from your "normal" VRD amps.  The Magnequest transformers alone cost Rodney like $2100, not even to mention the other upgrades. FYI, I sold my standard VRD’s (with upgraded Auricaps) for $1700 locally after I bought these hot-rodded amps. 

I spent 3100 for the Magnequest and speaker binding posts . It also has upgraded IEC and RCA Inputs there was another 200.00 that’s 3300.00 just in the last upgrade

They are a very nice upgrade compared to std VRDS with Jupiter’s

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Nailbender said:

If I can sell my VRDs I will buy yours. 

@Nailbender I just sold mine for $1850.  Was the easiest sale of my life. 

Maybe I should have sold them for more ! 

3 hours ago, Schu said:

I still have $3500 shipped (without tubes) for you Dave... the moment you say. I don't want electro harmonic 88's.

Trade is off the table for now, I want to keep my current vrd's for now.

Thanks again for your offer.  I would like to sell the amps with the tubes. Not interested in separating them at this time. 

Thanks for the bids guys...although this is a "buy it now" listing and not so much an auction hahaha!:D

In all honesty, I appreciate the offers. I plan to keep everything together and sell the amps with all the tubes.  $4k + shipping buys them.  The amps are incredible;  that can't be overstated.

Damn sure wouldn't let the $250 keep me from buying these. Pay the man what he wants and sell the tubes yourself. It aint hard. There is no way in hell I would let mine go for $4K

In my system, this upgrade was not subtle, and all was better in the important ways. Sound of the instruments, image focus, scale, speed, slam, all much better with the HR VRD's. More transparent. They don't miss anything and somehow manage to keep it all sweet sounding at the same time. No aggressive edge to them at all, and beautifully balanced.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...