SOLD: NOS Valves VRD hot-rodded amps (Magnequest Iron)

Breakdown7

• 2 weeks later...

I think they might just be worth the risk🤔. Haha. But all joking aside, the amps are very special. Once my wife goes back to work, I may end up pulling them off the market and keeping them indefinitely. Only reason for listing them in the first place was financial reasons. Our newborn is growing like a weed, so shouldn’t be too much longer. 

1 hour ago, Breakdown7 said:

I think they might just be worth the risk🤔. Haha. But all joking aside, the amps are very special. Once my wife goes back to work, I may end up pulling them off the market and keeping them indefinitely. Only reason for listing them in the first place was financial reasons. Our newborn is growing like a weed, so shouldn’t be too much longer. 

Then you need to keep them.  You will regret selling some day. 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2018 at 12:45 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Then you need to keep them.  You will regret selling some day. 

You are exactly right.  There are several regrets I have for selling gear throughout the years.  My NBS, for instance.  Great sounding preamp that sounded way better than the price of admission.  Sold it to a fellow member here so at least it stayed in the Klipsch family.  Never got a chance to hear it with the Magnequest VRD amps.  And my biggest gear regret was probably selling my Joule Electra LA-300 ME Platinum preamp.  I've never before or since heard a preamp that sounded more live, real, and natural.  I miss that preamp a lot. Granted, it was very expensive.  But I sold it to help with some home remodeling, so it is what it is.  Kinda like these amps really.  I don't want to sell them, but it will help us out financially if they do find a new home.  I'm sure there are plenty other members here with regrets concerning gear sales also.  Such is the nature of the hobby I guess.  Life happens, new/different priorities take over, and treasured gear ends up for sale.      

You are exactly right.  I personally don't know of anything I could replace these with for the money. To my knowledge, only three pairs of the Magnequest VRD's are in existence.  Only setting them free, as my wife is out of work right now with our new baby girl. Trying to free up some cash if possible.  Family comes first.  My priorities have shifted at the moment.  

4 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Looks like Claro Walnut.

I'm not sure what type of walnut it is, but the figuring is beautiful. Grain matched.  I like the satin finish too.  My first pair of standard build VRD amps were walnut, but they had a lacquer gloss finish, which I didn't care for as much personally.  

• 2 weeks later...

I hated to sell these. But my wife is going to be out of work longer than we had expected/budgeted with the baby, so it is what it is. These are some awesome amps... Schu, you will notice another layer of refinement with these over the standard builds, which are also great sounding amps. I know I’m gonna kick myself for selling these. Already having sellers remorse.  But family comes first, and I’m glad the amps stayed here in the Klipsch community. I’ll be putting some nice tubes up for grabs soon.

Congrats to you both. Well, take that how you want to Breakdown7. Living up to your handle with this sale.  :(

But Schu has some great amps now, and they are still in the family! Congrats Schu! Look forward to your evaluation/comparison.

• Like 1

Yes sir... a comparison is in order, but really I am just the caretaker of these rare amplifiers. I have heard that there may in fact be one more set being built with magnequest iron so that makes four sets in the near future.

Dave has first right of refusal if and when they ever go back on the market.

• Like 1