The Forte III Have Arrived!

Youthman

• Moderators
5 hours ago, garyrc said:

So ... even though they are in different rooms, when you are sitting in bass friendly areas, how would you compare the FIIIs to La Scalas (subs off, if possible).

That's really a difficult question because the LaScalas are in a completely different environment being raised and in an acoustic treated room and connected to different equipment.  LaScalas have an Onkyo Receiver while the Forte III have an Acurus A200 (200 x 2) amp. 

3 hours ago, dtr20 said:

@Youthman I know you like your rf-7 II better overall compared to the forte III, but from what I have been reading, there is a magical number of hours where the forte III are broken in and they seem like a completely different speaker. Do you think yours got to this point yet? 

I know that the question is not addressed to me but I would still like to respond to it.

I fully agree with that. At first I was not impressed and I could not even keep listening to them. But after about 40 hours of continuous play ... the Forte's are pure audio bliss. I love them!

51 minutes ago, Mediaelectronics said:

I know that the question is not addressed to me but I would still like to respond to it.

I fully agree with that. At first I was not impressed and I could not even keep listening to them. But after about 40 hours of continuous play ... the Forte's are pure audio bliss. I love them!

How would you qualitatively/subjectively describe the change?   Did they move from being too bright to not too bright, harsh to not harsh, distorted to not distorted, not detailed to detailed, etc.?

2 hours ago, garyrc said:

How would you qualitatively/subjectively describe the change?   Did they move from being too bright to not too bright, harsh to not harsh, distorted to not distorted, not detailed to detailed, etc.?

Everything you mention is correct. They also were extremely forward sounding and not imaging very well. I could not stand them in the first days and thought that this was certainly not a speaker for me. But after a few days that changed dramatically and now I really love them.

On 25-12-2017 at 11:26 AM, Mediaelectronics said:

Everything you mention is correct. They also were extremely forward sounding and not imaging very well. I could not stand them in the first days and thought that this was certainly not a speaker for me. But after a few days that changed dramatically and now I really love them.

Over 100 hours playing time and the speakers keep improving in all area's. This is the first time ever I experience this so dramatically. Amazing. 

• Like 1