Horn loaded sub brands

rock

There are many horn-loaded subwoofer brands available in the pro world.  The questions that usually separate the wheat from the chaff are:

1) what is the lowest frequency that you want to reproduce in-room, and

2) what size can you handle (dimensions x, y, z)

What usually happens is that if you want a horn sub for a home theater, the lowest frequencies (-3 dB point) are usually 10-20 Hz.  If you're trying to complement two channel front loudspeakers for music only - usually the frequency goes to something like 25-40 Hz.  There are many such companies out there, like Klipsch, JTR, Cerwin Vega, B52, EAW, Peavey, Rockville, etc.

If you've got a lot a space in your listening room, then front-loaded subs, like you find in the pro world and like the Fitzmaurice "Tuba" DIY series usually come into solution.  If space is tighter, then tapped horn subs from Danley Sound Labs are of interest.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, rock said:

What are some horn loaded sub brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one Klipsch sells now is the 1802, they should be coming out with a 1502 I would think, I know it's designed and tested for sure.  They are big but sound really clean and has more output than you could fully use in a house. It's not just a horn loaded sub but a vented horn loaded sub, the first ever and it's patented. In know because I'm testing a 1502 and they are NOT getting it back.

• Like 1

The one Klipsch sells now is the 1802, they should be coming out with a 1502 I would think, I know it's designed and tested for sure.  They are big but sound really clean and has more output than you could fully use in a house. It's not just a horn loaded sub but a vented horn loaded sub, the first ever and it's patented. In know because I'm testing a 1502 and they are NOT getting it back.

Sub teaser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

He's taking the sub hostage, I have a feeling he has a shotgun!

• Like 1