Marantz sr7011 enough power for 2 x rf82 II, 2 x rb61 II and 1 x rc62 II?

Vavvar

Welcome to the forum @Vavvar.

The 7011 was the Marantz flagship last year and is very highly regarded.  Marantz AVR's are known to work well with Klipsch.  It will have plenty of power for the very fine system you have selected.

It actually has more features than you will be using, but if you ever decide to upgrade to Atmos the 7011 can handle everything and will not be obsolete for many years.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vavvar said:

Ok, so i don't have to worry that the SR7011 gives 125w on 2 channels? I will be using 5 speakers, so 5 channels on the receiver, wouldnt the receivers watt output be considerably less then the 150w that the RF-82 II can consume?

Can consume means nothing. You aren't going to find any current AVR that puts out more than 100 WPC all channels driven for under about $5k. No consumer grade.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vavvar said:

Ok, so i don't have to worry that the SR7011 gives 125w on 2 channels? I will be using 5 speakers, so 5 channels on the receiver, wouldnt the receivers watt output be considerably less then the 150w that the RF-82 II can consume?

The 7011 is still being sold at a good discount because the new models are out.  I have the 6011 (one notch down) and at 110 wpc it is strong no matter how many speakers I use.  FYI in terms of features the 6011 is overkill as well. 

I use the 6011 in 5.1 mode, RF-83, RC-64, RS-62 and a DIY 15" sealed sub.  I run the RF-83's in bi-amp mode. The 6011 shows you how much power is being used as it can be throttled down with a touch of a button on the remote in Eco mode.  When I run mine too loud to listen to in full blown max power mode it barely reaches 1/3 power.

If you decide the 7011 still doesn't have enough power it has pre-outs so you can add amps to every channel.  I doubt you'll stress it out in stock mode but at least that option is there.

I was looking at the Marantz too. The reviews mentioned it was lacking power so maybe that is where the question is coming from. I currently have an Onkyo 805 and was told it is very powerful and over built....that’s why I was Leary about upgrading that . I decided to stick with what I got, it’s a great receiver. I was thinking the reviews on amazon might be what prompted the question. Just my thought.

On 2017-11-22 at 7:10 PM, Boilermaker86 said:

I was looking at the Marantz too. The reviews mentioned it was lacking power so maybe that is where the question is coming from. I currently have an Onkyo 805 and was told it is very powerful and over built....that’s why I was Leary about upgrading that . I decided to stick with what I got, it’s a great receiver. I was thinking the reviews on amazon might be what prompted the question. Just my thought.

The power may be issue if you were using hungrier speakers and wanting to go insanely loud. The ones you are considering don’t take a lot of juice to get going. My Marantz has no issue driving my Ohms which are not as efficient (87 vs 95 for the 61s). I added a pair on Marantz mono blocks but tell you the truth I didn’t really need them.