New Cornwall Issue: 2nd Pair! Feelin' snakebit

ODS123

The wood of my CWIII manufactured in 2015 has no defect: no hole, no bump. Just perfect !

Klipsch should pay attention to the aesthetic quality of its products, it's a shame to ruin a reputation with so little.

Klipsch should make an effort to satisfy you, with either a reduction or a remplacement of the product.

Maybe he could realign the horns of the first pair, right?

;)

..Looking more closely at the boxes of my speakers I see that a 2nd layer of tape was laid on top the original. Interesting.  ..I'm now wondering if these had been unboxed previously.  If so, this isn't a Klipsch problem, but a dealer problem.  ..Waiting for call back from dealer.  I'll be very angry if these had been returned by a previous customer.  ..Unboxing them, it did not appear as though they were re-boxed.  ..everything looked perfect, that is until I saw the dents.

My "ask" of my dealer will be that Klipsch triple checks a pair at the factory for fit/finish issues then sends it to my dealer.  ..Either I get to hold on to these until then, or I'll take the speakers back now and I get my money back until they arrive.  

The OP has a right to a flawless product. However, it's Klipsch that bears the real responsibility and its management needs to be involved in a resolution, not just for the sake of the OP but for everyone who invests in a top end Klipsch product.  We board members can offer advice, but you need to get in the front door at Indy and make your case. Find the corporate directory and approach their QA lead. Alternatively, since they are part of a publicly traded company, find their corporate counsel and send them a factual, non-threatening letter with images. That will get the attention of management like the usual thicket of CSRs and "brand managers" never will. I had to do that once with Amazon when they kept gaffing me off about a libel issue. Their corporate counsel cleared that up "real quick like". 

They really can't do anything but appease me one way or another, as I'm still within the 60 day refund policy (which is pretty generous) which is offered without any restocking fee, etc..  ..So worst case scenario is I get my money back and simply order through Klipsch.   So far, the dealer has not pushed back.  I Will call them later this AM.  ..I did send an email yesterday but they may not have seen it.

8 minutes ago, JohnA said:

What dent? 

I would kept the first ones, unless you could see a defect with the grille on it, or hear a difference.  

I respect your point of view but I think $4200 is lot to spend and end up w/ speaker that would be considered an 8/10 on Audiogon, which is ironic b/c the 9 year old Paradigm S8's I sold to fund this purchase were a 9/10.  ..They had absolutely flawless cabinets.

As I've said, it looks worse in person. Plus, its sufficiently deep you can't miss it when you run your hands over it.

On November 24, 2017 at 12:58 AM, Hasty said:

Exchange again? Maybe, I doubt any casual look at these and anyone would notice any issues. (They didn't spend thousands of dollars on the set either though)

At the risk of the ire of board members, these are huge speakers with real wood veneer.  A close inspection would probably reveal some degree of imperfecton occasionally.  This could have been in the veneer before showing up at the factory.  

I'm thinking between the two pairs you had one pair of A-stock and one pair of B-stock.  

I'd see if you could swap that speaker with the perfect one from the prior pair.

Ultimately what makes you happy is what counts.

----- but then at re-sale the oft asked question - "can you take a picture of the serial numbers" will surely come into play. As we all know non-matching numbered Klipsch speakers are deemed worthless without validated birth dates?!

50 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Since the dealer has been working with you quite diligently according to your previous posts, why air this in a public forum? What’s the point?

Initially, seeking affirmation from other audio hobbyists that I'm doing the right thing insisting on a pair of perfect speakers.  ..Then, simply answering questions and replies.  ..You're free to opt out of thread if you so chose.

• Like 2

Initially, seeking affirmation from other audio hobbyists that I'm doing the right thing insisting on a pair of perfect speakers.  ..Then, simply answering questions and replies.  ..You're free to opt out of thread if you so chose.

I appreciate your right to have a spotless pair of speakers for that amount of money. But in reality, what you’ve done is drag Klipsch and your dealer through the mud, seeking your “affirmation”, even though your dealer has (according to you) done everything in their power to rectify the situation. Then, to state that you sold a piece of gear on another forum that was in supposedly flawless condition really bears no relevance to the current situation. I think you’ve made a big deal out of an issue when again, your dealer has accommodated you seemingly every step of the way, by “insisting” that your dealer do this or that, or that the Klipsch factory do this or that, and then basically calling out the unnamed person who signed the inspection sticker, when it is very likely that the damage (especially on the second pair) was likely caused after the speakers left the factory.

BTW, your “invitation” for me to leave the thread was quite rude, but I suppose given your methodology employed thus far, isn’t surprising. The first or second dissenting voice gets asks to leave....

jimjimbo,   You had just chided me for starting a thread that you described as pointless, leading me to then wonder why you were be participating in it?   Plus, your "Front door at Indy?  Corporate counsel?  Bullshit.  Apparently nothing better to do?" response to another poster also seemed nasty and suggestive of your impatience with the thread.  So reminding you of your option to not participate seemed reasonable.  

As for dragging Klipsch and dealer through the mud, I have not done this.  ..I love how the speakers sound (have said so several times) and have not been unfairly critical of the dealer.  Perhaps you didn't notice but last week I posted a very glowing review of these speakers, it should come as no surprise that I would circle back to share w/ people the issues that arose following my review.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

it is very likely that the damage (especially on the second pair) was likely caused after the speakers left the factory.

Based on the photo that was posted, it looks like(to me) that the stain was applied over the "blemish", therefore drawing a conclusion that the mark occurred before final packaging.

With that said, not confirmed, OP paid for mint condition speakers so he should get mint condition speakers even if it takes five attempts.

As far as the previous "discussion", I say both parties relent and hope for the best outcome.

Bill

On 11/22/2017 at 8:31 PM, ODS123 said:

As you may have read in my previous Thread, my first pair of Cornwall III's had a mid-range horn that was not flush mounted against the baffle. 

The dealer happily agreed to replace the pair but my second pair has a fairly obvious dent. Ugh!!  

I understand nothing is totally perfect, but such an obvious mark on top of the speaker? The box did seem a bit rough, with more than a few dents and a small perforation on the top of the box, but none of the dents or hole correspond w/ this dent on the speaker. ..I suspect it left the factory this way. ..It almost looks like it was set down on a staple, nail or snip of wire as the the riser was being bolted onto the speaker. ..I'm so sick of this. These speakers are freakin' awesome!!! ..But $4200 is a ton of money, they should be blemish free and have drivers that fit properly.  

So once again, I'm asking? What would you do? ..Just live with it, or return the speakers - yet again - to the dealer?

IMG_0233.JPG

i would not accept

i bought 4 cornwall 3's in cherry all 4 consecutive serial numbers at over 7 grand and i went over them with a fine tooth comb.

4 Cornwalls Budman?   That's awesome! ..And getting 4 consecutive s/n's without an issue is reassuring.

So earlier today I spoke w/ my salesperson at the dealer. He enthusiastically said he would reach out to his Klipsch rep early next week to resolve this. For now, and until resolved, he encouraged me to continue using this pair. There was not the slightest indication of impatience from the salesperson, just a promise to get it right. He knows I want a replacement pair that has been carefully checked for both driver fit and freedom from cabinet dents before I am called to inspect them myself and exchange my pair. ..So I suspect this is what I'll get once another pair is available. I'm very happy for this.