OG La Scala FS in Spokane

daryls

8 hours ago, TasDom said:

"The pictures are from the Internet and are not of the actual speakers"

One actual woofer doesn’t actually work.  “This same set is currently selling for over $1500 on ebay.”  I believe the seller means to say, “A similar pair is offered on eBay for $1,600.” https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-La-Scala-Speakers-Excellent-Condition/202106457356?hash=item2f0e7bcd0c:g:D80AAOSwU4FaAgYH

I’d run, but in a different direction.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

And with those lovely AL crossovers to!

I thought the same thing too but I couldn't quite see the XO.

Rough cab, finish is black, Type AL XO, K-55m mid driver, one woofer (that we know of) not working.  $750 is probably a fair price, $600 would be better.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I thought the same thing too but I couldn't quite see the XO.

Rough cab, finish is black, Type AL XO, K-55m mid driver, one woofer (that we know of) not working.  $750 is probably a fair price, $600 would be better.

$750 is fair to who?

Doc, can I interest you in some K55Vs?

Mark

2 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

$750 is fair to who?

Doc, can I interest you in some K55Vs?  -Mark

Fair market value.  The $750 is fair to both buyer and seller, more or less.

+++

Thanks for the offer on the K-55v's but I don't have Khorns or LS anymore so I don't have a speaker that uses them.

I guess it depends on where you live. I am driving to GA tomorrow to pick up a pair of La Scalas with those "lovely" AL crossovers and paying $1,000 to do it. You absolutely can't buy La Scalas around here that I can find in good shape with desirable crossovers for less than $1,500 and even more with upgrades for the last six plus months. It seems like prices have just gone crazy. Maybe there are private sales where people know each other but not any public ones. Anyone within a few hundred miles of Nashville with a pair wanting to sell I am looking.  Last pair I saw on Craigslist in this general area was up for almost two months and the guy would not budge on pricing. I figure he got what he asked for because he said he would take no less. He has had a pair of Belles for sale for just as long and has not sold them yet and I am sure it is because he is adamant about getting what he is asking.  Yes I see them in southern FL and read about them out west but not around here. Oddly enough if you like Cornwalls there are some of those around for $900 to $1,000. They were scarce as hens teeth for some time but not now.

I agree.  That's why I decided to just build a pair of Belle's because I could never find a pair around here for what I considered a reasonable price and then the possibility of them having to be worked on.  This way, I have new drivers, new crossovers, etc., which are definitely better than 40 year old parts.  Of course, K500 horns are the hardest part to find and there are other options for mid horns....but I kind of lucked out there.  I really don't care that they aren't "authentic" Belle's and have no resale value.  The value to me is that I built them and they are about as exact as you can get as far as cabinets go.  If I would've found older models, then there would be that cost plus cap/crossover updates, potential mid and tweeter updates, potential cabinet refinishes, etc.  I figure I'm ahead of the game this way.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I agree.  That's why I decided to just build a pair of Belle's because I could never find a pair around here for what I considered a reasonable price and then the possibility of them having to be worked on.  This way, I have new drivers, new crossovers, etc., which are definitely better than 40 year old parts.  Of course, K500 horns are the hardest part to find and there are other options for mid horns....but I kind of lucked out there.  I really don't care that they aren't "authentic" Belle's and have no resale value.  The value to me is that I built them and they are about as exact as you can get as far as cabinets go.  If I would've found older models, then there would be that cost plus cap/crossover updates, potential mid and tweeter updates, potential cabinet refinishes, etc.  I figure I'm ahead of the game this way.

Plus the pride in making them yourself, not many can do that.