Forte III listening fatigue

Speedy6963

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

I bet I could get you a brother (in Christ) deal. 

I'm really happy with the sound out of my LaScalas, but to be honest, I don't listen to them very often. I think I would be willing to sell them to own something with your name on them.

We should talk.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Not in the least. Nor has anyone that's heard them.  The biggest difference between them and the F3s is the sheer clear SPL they'll put out.

Shoot.  I have some extra Fiberfill, cryogenicly treated, made out of a eq balanced proprietary formula that I was hoping to sell you.  

Well, if they ever get tiresome, let me know.

9 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

I agree. The speakers are often blamed when the recording is the culprit. 

When you look at the averaged mastering EQ curves that were compiled by Chapman (Bang & Olufsen) in this 1997 JAES article (starting on pg 14 of the file), you will see how much the quoted statement above is true.  See the following post for an idea of how much EQ is used to both attenuate bass and boost treble on stereo recordings:

Chris

On 12/15/2017 at 5:51 PM, dwilawyer said:

I think the data and articles support your opinion that the bass has a significant impact on how people perceive the high end in the mix.

Also the age of the listener here is unknown. some people like a flat high end to compensate for hearing loss above 10K. I have a friend who can't hear past 5K, since firing Canons in Korean war with no hearing protection did not fare well with his hearing. So the OP's hearing sensitivity may be at play here.

• 1 year later...
On 12/17/2017 at 1:27 AM, mustang_flht said:

I do exactly the same thing with my C504  ;)

Thanks to your location info, I looked up Beaucaire and ended up learning a lot about the religious wars in the South of France during the Medieval period!  BTW, on some forums I use a picture of the Pont du Gard as my avatar.

Also, people, please don't mangle your F3s!  They're nearly perfect as is.

• Thanks 1

OK; my 2 cents :D  Yes, fatiguing thread going back to 2017 :( 

No clue why some people complain about the "high" Klisch sound.  Haha ... I usually raise my HF's by at least 3dB's. OK; much depends on the actual recording, room and "YOUR" ears. :) 

Cheers, Emile

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:08 AM, Speedy6963 said:

This isnt my first go around, I also own modified khorns, heresy 3 and cornwall 3 and have built a few pair of my own design.

The mic is a UMIK-1 calibrated, I was at 1 meter and 0 deg and height was 1/2 between mid/tweet.  pointless in looking below 400hz I am only pointing out that Klipsch dialed the Forte III in with a "hot" tweeter. Some like that, I am very sensitive to it. A couple of reviewers also comment on the "hot tweeter"

I love the speakers, just need to deal with the slightly "hot" tweeter, this temp fix of polyfill actually works really nice. gives about a 3db reduction

IMG_20171124_030534.jpg

Forte with merkin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/16/2019 at 10:27 AM, Archguy said:

Thanks to your location info, I looked up Beaucaire and ended up learning a lot about the religious wars in the South of France during the Medieval period!  BTW, on some forums I use a picture of the Pont du Gard as my avatar.

Also, people, please don't mangle your F3s!  They're nearly perfect as is.

Hello !

Great your research on my region 👍😜

In Beaucaire there was a huge fair, one of the largest in Europe, from 1217 until the 19th century. There were up to 170 boats per fair on the Rhône.

https://www.persee.fr/doc/geoca_0035-113x_1953_num_28_4_1380

In Beaucaire there are also Roman remains of Via Domitia and around less than 12 miles away, there are the arenas of Nimes and Arles, an ancient theater in Arles and of course the Pont du Gard.

5qkx.jpg

There is also known the medieval castle of Beaucaire and that of Tarascon in front.

0y4w.jpg

qysj.jpeg

And then not far from Les Baux de Provence and Arles where Van Gogh painted many paintings.

Sorry for this long "off topic", so back to Forte III  😁

I agree, it's better to play the tone controls rather than changing the speakers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am sure these speakers work just fine if properly set up, with some good recordings, a good space, compliant gear, and house treatments..... give them  a chance.....i trust Klipsch... lots of lines, for different apps... how many times have you heard how good, they can be....in all types and budgets...

• Like 2