R-115SW Not turning on by switch

RenderBreak

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the forums here lately and noticing a fair amount of R-115SW failure threads, so I hate to tack on one more, but I'd like to at least get my problems out there and see if this is a known issue. In the past week I've noticed my 115 not turning on. I usually keep it in Auto, but nothing has been triggering it to turn on. So I've tried flipping the switch to On and still the sub won't turn on, no LED, no sound. The only way I've succeeded in getting it to turn on is by unplugging the power, giving it a minute, then plugging it back in while the switch is in the On position. It powers up with the LED on and sound coming out of it. It stays on for around two or three hours, then after a small pop, it turns off. I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to get it back on.

Has anyone else had similar problems? It sounds like an amp issue. After reading other R-115SW threads I'm starting to wonder if there is a chromic amplifier problem with these units. I've filed a warranty claim with Klipsch, but I bought this thing in August of last year, so it sounds to me that I'm out of warranty coverage for the amp. I'm wondering how much I'll have to pay to fix it and, even more concerning to me, is if I will have to ship the whole thing out somewhere.

I love the response I get from this sub, but this is really disappointing to me.

what integrated are you using to drive the signal to the sub?

I know with Pioneer, you need to set the speaker set up to "Plus" in order for the signal to be pushed to the sub. if you have it set to "On", no signal will be sent unless certain perimeters are met

50 minutes ago, Schu said:

what integrated are you using to drive the signal to the sub?

I know with Pioneer, you need to set the speaker set up to "Plus" in order for the signal to be pushed to the sub. if you have it set to "On", no signal will be sent unless certain perimeters are met

Seems that it worked fine till a week prior to his first post.

• 1 year later...

I'm running a Yamaha Aventage 3060 for my Klipsch Speaker system. I have had no problems with my towers surround sound or ceiling speakers only this big subwoofer .I have already been sent a new board for the subwoofer inside but here we are a year later and I go to turn it on yesterday the lights are on but no sound.so again it has failed.

Edited by Mr Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Me three.  beautiful new sub. Probably have less than 10 hours total listening time on this beast and ... it won't produce sound.  The LED is lit, but no sounds come out.

Oh wait, it started working and then ... it quit.

Just trying to check it with my Denon speaker setup routine "test tone" ... 

all other speakers work. Sub did not.

Tried swiching RCA cable and ... it started working!  Then a few minutes later is stopped.  (I was trying to figure out if I should have the cable plugged into R or L/LFE.

It was working, momentarily, when plugged into R. 

When I switched it (later) to L, I got no sound. 

So I switched it back to R and ... no sound there either, now.

This stinks.

I've had my r112sw for about a month now? been working great so far. I bought the sub knowing I'd likely have to bypass or replace the plate at some point maybe in a year or two? At the price I paid for it I'm fine with that we'll see I guess.

12 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I've had my r112sw for about a month now? been working great so far. I bought the sub knowing I'd likely have to bypass or replace the plate at some point maybe in a year or two? At the price I paid for it I'm fine with that we'll see I guess.

Gonna leave mine unplugged from the wall.  Maybe doing that will help it live longer.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:28 AM, mopardave said:

Gonna leave mine unplugged from the wall.  Maybe doing that will help it live longer.

Finally found time to do a test run with the Theater system.  Currently using my CornScala's as front monitors, no center and Klipsch R51 for rear with the R115 set at 80hz and gain set at the 2 o'clock position. This is a 15x24' room.   Using a Marantz 5007 AV receiver we watched one of the Jurassic movies.  Have to say sounds pretty good and the sub is a BadAss. Had the receiver output at about 80-85db.  I know the sub will be trouble down the road, but i will cross that bridge when i get to it.    Fantom center channel was good, but i think a true center would add to this system.  What center would keep up with CornScala's thou?

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 10:38 PM, salt-water-Fly said:

Me three.  beautiful new sub. Probably have less than 10 hours total listening time on this beast and ... it won't produce sound.  The LED is lit, but no sounds come out.

Oh wait, it started working and then ... it quit.

Just trying to check it with my Denon speaker setup routine "test tone" ... 

all other speakers work. Sub did not.

Tried swiching RCA cable and ... it started working!  Then a few minutes later is stopped.  (I was trying to figure out if I should have the cable plugged into R or L/LFE.

It was working, momentarily, when plugged into R. 

When I switched it (later) to L, I got no sound. 

So I switched it back to R and ... no sound there either, now.

This stinks.

clearly defective Electronics  DOA   file a warranty claim , ask for a replacement warranty exchange -