FS: Pair of Forte III's in American Walnut w/3 styles of grills! GORGEOUS, NEW CONDITION

McBlueMeter

• Moderators

I'm going to clear the air here.  The OP had two profiles, which is not allowed on this forum.  I banned both profiles.  There was also a misunderstanding as to whether or not the OP is a dealer.

I had a conversation with the OP and was informed that he is not a dealer, but that he did have two profiles, which is the reason he was banned.

Duplicate accounts are not allowed due to all the confusion we have experienced in the past.

I am in the process of trying to get one of his profiles reinstated, with the understanding that he is not a dealer.  The final decision is up to Chad on this.

I would like everyone to know this had nothing to do with Newtune and would like to congratulate him once again on an awesome purchase!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All,

Jon here....the seller of the Forte's.

Simple mistake having two ID's. Sorry for the confusion everyone!!! For the record, I tried to delete one, but you can't "undo it" in the system....at least I didn't see a way.

What was disturbing to me, was that I was flamed on this forum and accused of being a dealer with the speakers being "gray market." The Klipsch moderator only fueled the fire, not having ANY facts about me, the authorized brick and mortar dealer I purchased them from, or the fantastic transaction with Tom. Btw, she never did apologize to me....just sited "the rules" again. As Paul K. would say....."BULLSHIT!"

Sorry to say, this will be my last post here, and frankly, the last Klipsch I ever purchase. 30+ years as a loyal Klipsch customer....goodbye.

I wish you all the best....enjoy. 

P.S. For those of you the moderator told I was a dealer.....

The owner of Allego in Mishawaka, IN is Jonathon Wesco, NOT me!

10 minutes ago, McBlueMeter said:

All,

Jon here....the seller of the Forte's.

Simple mistake having two ID's. Sorry for the confusion everyone!!! For the record, I tried to delete one, but you can't "undo it" in the system....at least I didn't see a way.

What was disturbing to me, was that I was flamed on this forum and accused of being a dealer with the speakers being "gray market." The Klipsch moderator only fueled the fire, not having ANY facts about me, the authorized brick and mortar dealer I purchased them from, or the fantastic transaction with Tom. Btw, she never did apologize to me....just sited "the rules" again. As Paul K. would say....."BULLSHIT!"

Sorry to say, this will be my last post here, and frankly, the last Klipsch I ever purchase. 30+ years as a loyal Klipsch customer....goodbye.

I wish you all the best....enjoy. 

P.S. For those of you the moderator told I was a dealer.....

The owner of Allego in Mishawaka, IN is Jonathon Wesco, NOT me!

Yeah, I thought it rather crappy to "assume" and we all know the definition of that.  It's sad that we lose a person on here because of this but I can't say that I blame you.  I hope you find  the speakers that work well for your situation and hate that a single thread, and poor assumptions here, has lost Klipsch a customer.  I've done a screen shot of this page for my records just in case it's ever deleted or modified.

Sorry that it came to this.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Yeah, I thought it rather crappy to "assume" and we all know the definition of that.  It's sad that we lose a person on here because of this but I can't say that I blame you.  I hope you find  the speakers that work well for your situation and hate that a single thread, and poor assumptions here, has lost Klipsch a customer.  I've done a screen shot of this page for my records just in case it's ever deleted or modified.

Thx much. Take care. Wish you guys nothing but the best. Ok....THAT was my last post.  :-)

10 minutes ago, McBlueMeter said:

Thx much. Take care. Wish you guys nothing but the best. Ok....THAT was my last post.  :-)

May I offer a different perspective?

First of all, you may come or go on the forums as you please.  No judgement there, we all have interests that come and go according to our needs. 

Second, there absolutely were insinuations that your speakers may have been "gray market."  Please understand members here are very passionate about their Klipsch and having a brand new pair of really nice Forte III's come onto the used market so soon is surprising.   Some people jumped to a false conclusion and that was unfair to you.

Third, Moderators are people too, and aren't perfect. 

Your having two user accounts is not unique.  The forum software has changed a couple of times in the last five years and some people reported not being able to remember their user names and made a second account just to sign in.  It's hard to contact the mods to fix the problem if you can't log on in the first place.

Having multiple accounts is against the TOS but in my view the spirit of that rule is to stop posters from actively using both accounts to troll using a second account.  Simply having two account names should not be a crime for which being banned is the punishment.

@McBlueMeter although a couple of posters may have "called you out" in this thread, please remember the majority of us DID NOT call you out for anything.  I hope you have no hard feelings, and best of luck to you on your audio journey.

-Dave

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Schu said:

I blame Cavite emptor for our current societal predicament..." trust no one"

You stumped me on that one Schu.  I had to google it and only found "caveat emptor" which is defined as the buyer bears sole responsibility for determining the quality or suitability of an object for purchase.  I think Newtune did his due diligence.

What is this "cavite"?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

Some may have more than one Id as in the past with forum changes or forgetting a password some made a new ID. BUT they don't post under both big difference, people here have been scammed here like this before. Part of it being the rule which mods do not make. You had 2 ID's you couldn't get a mod to delete one, or just use one ?

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

The Klipsch moderator only fueled the fire, not having ANY facts about me,

The reason was for having 2 ID's, also do you realize people here PM the moderators when they think there are problems like this. The fact was he posted with 2 ID's and people noticed, do you think volunteer mods read every thread, no way.

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

I think that's where society has changed more to a "guilty until proven innocent" instead of the original way.  

That's a shame really, but when breaking the rules you tend to look guilty to members.

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

Yes sorry he decided to leave, but that's his choice, one ID was made good again as asked. What he does is up to him, there was no assumption, the TOS was broken and members caught it. In the past 2 or more ID's have cause many problems, even back to when Amy was the mod, it's one of the ways some have went about scamming people here and causing many other problems. 

For the sensitive.......I am not saying this case was anything about scamming,  it was about 2 id's and members sending PM's to alert mods.

TOS, it's what everyone agreed to when joining, the rules are not set by mods but by the administrator, if we don't follow them they will have someone who will.

Well, it still has a stink to it from my perspective no matter what was "against the rules".  I spent almost 30 years in the A/V consumer electronics industry of which 9 was a manufacturers rep.  At any time there was a question of where a product came from, all a dealer had to do was call me, or  the manufacturer,  give me the serial number and I could have it run through the manufacturer's database and I knew the history on it including date manufactured, date sold and shipped to which dealer.  Did anyone care to call Klipsch and run this information?  Surely they have this ability as I was doing this from 2000 to 2009 as a rep through those "archaic" systems.  It would seem a phone call to Klipsch would be the easy thing to do instead of posting this.....

image.thumb.png.44b8c801eaab974a301bb48f5db347c0.png

And in looking back, the serial numbers are in the original post so ANYONE could call Klipsch and find information on the history on the speakers.  Again, surely Klipsch knows where their speakers go to.  Hell, if a dealer is worth a flip, they are keeping track of serial numbers of what they sold to their customers for their own records and well being.  If they aren't, they need to shut their doors.  I dealt with a TON of gray market goods in the DFW and Houston market coming from both car audio and home audio lines (Harry Hines in Dallas and Harwin St in Houston) so I know a thing or 10 about that.

I don't know.  Things like this rub me wrong.  Don't point blame if you can't back it up right then or even post about it; do it behind the scenes before making a big stink over it.  Maybe there's more to it than we, the little people, know....but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

I'm glad Newtune got a great pair of speakers at a great price and had a great experience with it.  Carry on...

• Thanks 1