FS: Pair of Forte III's in American Walnut w/3 styles of grills! GORGEOUS, NEW CONDITION

McBlueMeter

9 minutes ago, avguytx said:

It would seem a phone call to Klipsch would be the easy thing to do instead of posting this.....

Asking honestly, is that a service they provide to customers?  Anyone can call Klipsch with a serial number and get the sales history of a speaker?

For years, it was touted in the industry that if anyone had a question about the authenticity of their product and where they were buying it from, they invited everyone to call the manufacturer, or rep, and that info could be found out.  It's how I found out who was selling the lines gray I was repping gray market in  Houston and DFW.  Once I got the serial numbers by actually buying product, or sending someone to do it, I found out who sold it to the gray market dealers.

If they aren't still doing that now, well, they're turning their cheek again like has happened many times in the past.

So in reality, yes, they should all provide that to their customers.  Not actual "sales history" but find out if it was sold by an authorized dealer or not.  

• Like 1

And believe me, I would be the FIRST in line to bash someone, or a business, for selling things gray market as that's one of the main reasons (in conjunction with the internet) that we don't have cool "brick and mortar" stores to go to like we used to in the 70's and 80's.  I've shut off MANY authorized dealers in the past for questionable sales and selling to non-authorized dealers.  But, new ones always seemed to pop up.  I don't miss that industry and glad I'm out of it.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Some may have more than one Id as in the past with forum changes or forgetting a password some made a new ID. BUT they don't post under both big difference, people here have been scammed here like this before. Part of it being the rule which mods do not make. You had 2 ID's you couldn't get a mod to delete one, or just use one ?

The reason was for having 2 ID's, also do you realize people here PM the moderators when they think there are problems like this. The fact was he posted with 2 ID's and people noticed, do you think volunteer mods read every thread, no way.

That's a shame really, but when breaking the rules you tend to look guilty to members.

Yes sorry he decided to leave, but that's his choice, one ID was made good again as asked. What he does is up to him, there was no assumption, the TOS was broken and members caught it. In the past 2 or more ID's have cause many problems, even back to when Amy was the mod, it's one of the ways some have went about scamming people here and causing many other problems. 

For the sensitive.......I am not saying this case was anything about scamming,  it was about 2 id's and members sending PM's to alert mods.

TOS, it's what everyone agreed to when joining, the rules are not set by mods but by the administrator, if we don't follow them they will have someone who will.

so its...just 1 id....but we can have

multiple personalities..... 

I'm not crazy...me either..no ha...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Posting

24 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I don't know.  Things like this rub me wrong.  Don't point blame if you can't back it up right then or even post about it; do it behind the scenes before making a big stink over it.  Maybe there's more to it than we, the little people, know....but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

And why should we go through all of that when the big problem was posting with 2 ID's ?  I guess your talking about the forum members PM's saying there was a problem ?

I'm glad Newtune got a great pair of speakers at a great price and had a great experience with it.  Carry on... 

Yes glad Newtune got what he wanted and can enjoy his speakers, he was the reason one of the sellers accounts was unlocked, he asked. Wasn't even sure if we could unlock it, if it went to the site administrator it probably would stay locked, he has no patience for things like this after all the trouble in the past. And this has been a really big problem in the past, there were even people (in Klipsch authority) questioning if the forum should be shut down completely. So when the TOS is not followed by one person, feelings may be hurt but everyone else will at least still have a forum.  They have very few rules, people signing up are expected to play by the rules. There are quite a few who were banned and the IP address was also banned, but Klipsch allowed the forum to still be here, it's not our call.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

so its...just 1 id....but we can have

multiple personalities..... 

I'm not crazy...me either..no ha...

It's hard enough already, no way to deal with that problem. No rule about being crazy, good thing, I think it even helps a little :)

People think mods have no patience, if they only knew what really goes on at times and the time it takes to deal with some of the silly :pwk_bs:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Having looked through this thread a few times, I still don't understand how the seller was assumed to possibly be a dealer....

More than likely happened behinds the scenes.  I wasn't privy to that though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, avguytx said:

And believe me, I would be the FIRST in line to bash someone, or a business, for selling things gray market as that's one of the main reasons (in conjunction with the internet) that we don't have cool "brick and mortar" stores to go to like we used to in the 70's and 80's.  I've shut off MANY authorized dealers in the past for questionable sales and selling to non-authorized dealers.  But, new ones always seemed to pop up.  I don't miss that industry and glad I'm out of it.

One thing I never understood was how do some people get all these grey market speakers, they are made by the manufacturer most of the times so are they sold off and then companies look the other way and say grey market, no warranty ? There a some white van speakers with fake labels, or one letter of a name changed, but there are many real named brand speakers on the grey market that are real, companies must know how they got there ? 

Hi dtel,

Curios if you can please share what specific information the moderator discovered about ANY of my feedback (I posted all my ID's in the ad) or past transactions that formed a conclusion I was a dealer selling gray market speakers. I would like to address this IMMEDIATELY if there is something questionable. Note, the buyer told me the moderator told him "the seller owns a dealership called Allego in Michawaka, IN." The owner of that store has a name SIMILAR to mine, but nothing more. Something about a "Facebook post???"

Again, please share so I can address IMMEDIATELY. I am on many different audio forums and I don't take kindly being accused of foul play. 

Thx much, 

Jon

ps. Sorry again for the duplicate ID's.

pss Feel free to text me with the questionable information. The moderator has my cell number.

Oh it's easy. Maybe a big dealer is sitting on a lot of goods and he needs some capital because the bill came due. So, he sells some ovetstock to another dealer, unauthorized,  in another city. Maybe there is a deal between that's hush hush. Then, there's the manufacturer needing to move a boatload of gear at the end of the month, quarter, or year so he calls up his area rep and says, "I need you to sell a half million dollar order to so-and-so so we hit our number. If you do, we'll pay you xx dollars for doing it under table but it will apply to your numbers. Can you get an order from xxxx over at xxxx today? We'll give him net 3% 90, net120 terms if so". 

I know that last one first hand. It happened a LOT in car audio...not so much in home, but on occasion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Oh it's easy. Maybe a big dealer is sitting on a lot of goods and he needs some capital because the bill came due. So, he sells some ovetstock to another dealer, unauthorized,  in another city. Maybe there is a deal between that's hush hush. Then, there's the manufacturer needing to move a boatload of gear at the end of the month, quarter, or year so he calls up his area rep and says, "I need you to sell a half million dollar order to so-and-so so we hit our number. If you do, we'll pay you xx dollars for doing it under table but it will apply to your numbers. Can you get an order from xxxx over at xxxx today? We'll give him net 3% 90, net120 terms if so". 

I know that last one first hand. It happened a LOT in car audio...not so much in home, but on occasion. 

I bought several pair of JL M770's for considerably less than street price. They were grey ghosts but were indeed A-Stock product

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, McBlueMeter said:

Curios if you can please share what specific information the moderator discovered about ANY of my feedback

There was no checking into any information about you, PMs questioned what was going on and it was the 2 ID that caused the problem. As far facebook post go, there are many people here and on the facebook group who watch out for both sites and people got suspicious. That facebook page has over 4400 people, some are also here so they don't miss much.

It was NOTHING about you or your sale,  people just got suspicious when there were 2 different names involved because some have been deceived by this before. No one claimed you were a problem it just looked bad and not knowing people jumped on it. Without knowing you and post with both names it just looked bad. 

In the past multiple profiles by members answering questions to each others as different people and vouching for the other name has caused problems, this threw up red flags to people.

There are only a few moderators but many people watching, it's always surprising how many are watching out for the best interest of everyone, it's part of why this place is different from many others. 

You should stick around, no reason to leave, if it weren't for the second profile with posts no one would have thought twice about any of it, it was the only mistake. It's over, no big deal, if you were out to rip someone off you would not have tried to explain yourself but rather just disappear as crooked people tend to do.  People reading any of this can see you thought about your name here, guilty people don't worry about that, they just disappear and return under another name later, it has happen before.

• Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Always wondered how this happend, make sense, just part of the business I guess.

12 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

I bought several pair of JL M770's for considerably less than street price. They were grey ghosts but were indeed A-Stock product

That's what made me wonder, many times it is the real deal just at prices sometimes a dealer can't even buy them at.

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

people just got suspicious when there were 2 different names involved

We had one not too long ago where a forum member was selling something and another "new" member was really talking them up.  Shilling ones own sales is definitely frowned upon.

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Having looked through this thread a few times, I still don't understand how the seller was assumed to possibly be a dealer....

No where at any time did I think he might be a dealer.  Profile "2" has been a member for close to a decade and profile "1" a member for almost 4 years.  A warning about two profiles and giving him the option of deleting one of them was all that was warranted and all could have been done privately.

Again, I hope this is all settled and parties involved have broken bread together.

Bill

• Like 2