Some Info needed on a pair of Cornwall ii

Dolphin13

I just recently picked up some really nice shape Cornwall ii's.  I have some info from the speakers and I'd like to know when they were made and how these rank among the various Cornwalls through out the early years. They are C-WO-15. The serial numbers are consecutive 2J128 qnd 129. I popped the back and they have the following drivers. Woofer K-33-P, Mids K-55v and Tweeters K-77. The Mids and tweeters are also Vertical instead of Horizontal.  Any info would be greatly appreciated! 

42 minutes ago, Dolphin13 said:

Thanks for the 

Thanks for the reply. I read on here somewhere that J was 1971? I What about the particular drivers this pair has? Good bad?? thanks

do they work ?.....then there good..

it's only the balancing network...

just needs to be recaped....to

bring it back to factory spec....

I'd love to get to the bottom of this. I think there was.

Cornwall, flippable, with the K-1000 mid which had a mouth with about a 1:10 mouth aspect ratio.

Cornwall II, flipable with the metal K-600 mid which has about a 1:3 mouth aspect ratio. I think this is what is in an American review. with K-Horns.  You see this in at least one price list. 

Cornwall, non-flipable with the K-600 and this is pretty much the classic.  The long axis of the mid is horizontal and the woofer is near the bottom. This is in the Belgian review.

Cornwall II (the re use of "II" which leads to confusion) with plastic mid and tweeter. 

Cornwall III with the K-700 mid from the Heresy III (?).  Reportedly the mold for the plastic K-600 was lost.  We see that the mouth molding is to take the Heresy woofer up close. It looks kludgy.  

Some place at the origin of the CW, PWK was using a bass port in the form of a slot which ran from top to bottom at the back.  This was probably an implementation of his article on reflex ports which pre-dated TS parameters.  Then he went over to what was to become the widely adopted conventional port at the front.  PWK said that Don Keele determined PWK's front port was in 10% of a Butterworth TS 3.  I don't know.  A QB-3 ??

Please know the above may be in eror.

WMcD

• Like 1