Good center channel match for La Scalas

M_Klipsches

1 minute ago, Youthman said:

Yeah, I could easily see how the Academy would struggle between a pair of LaScalas.

LOL, you set the levels all even, but as soon as something get's loud in the left and right  LaScala's, look out! It drowns the little Academy right out.

Finally, I just gave up, and use a Phantom Center

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ka7niq said:

LOL, you set the levels all even, but as soon as something get's loud in the left and right  LaScala's, look out! It drowns the little Academy right out.

Finally, I just gave up, and use a Phantom Center

Smart!  I see so many people who use a center speaker that completely bottlenecks their setup.  I don't get it!  RF7s with an RC25 center.  Klipschorns with a KV series center.  Jubilees with, well, anything other than a third Jubilee.  Never understood how someone could have amazing front main speakers and a mediocre center.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2017 at 10:55 PM, M_Klipsch said:

Should I get a single (used) Heresy for the Center, or is something like an RP450C going to be a better idea?

A heritage speaker would be best but if I were going to get a horizontal center channel, I'd get one of the new RC-64III's.  

I’ve managed to get things rearranged and (against many “sound” opinions) am using  that  H II (FKA “Old Smokey”) as a center with the Heresy pair moved to the rears. Honestly I think it sounds pretty good, at least to my aging ears. Not that I’d turn my back on an affordable 3rd La Scala or Belle. But for now I’m going to focus on a better AVR, a subwoofer, and the tiniest elephant in the room; that spectacular TV. Thanks to all for the suggestions and thoughts, feel free to continue to offer input. 

5D6C55B3-0F19-439A-9F20-A470D30CDAA2.jpeg

Boy if you were closer I have a single Vert Cornwall sitting down stairs. I'm using the other one for my center so that I have 3 Cornwall's across the front with 3 RSW15's. This is my temporary setup since I'm rebuilding my theater room. That has been stalled with other racing projects.  

IMG_1650.JPG

• 5 years later...
On 11/28/2017 at 3:51 PM, billybobg said:

Can't come close to Youthman's, but given that my room is about what the OP has, there are ways to get the LaScala experience in a smaller space and still have a decent screen size.  My surrounds and rears are Academy. 

5a1dd6215fb40_HomeTheater.thumb.jpg.a6d8f66e7c443db73a4d5e33f1986cf8.jpg

This pic shows before I added fabric over the speakers to eliminate the glare. 

5a1dd8b35a0a0_HTSpeakers.thumb.jpg.8c0342469143a52e810351a4f46f3c00.jpg

Please forgive the new guy, and also please forgive me for replying to an old thread. I’m about to add a pair of 1980 La Scalas to my H/T setup, and would love to build a center like that. Well, technically pay someone to build it since woodworking isn’t one of my super powers. Anyway, I just joined today so haven’t explored. Is there someplace where I can find plans for a center similar to yours, or would you be open to sharing what you did?