Worthwhile upgrade from KG 5.2 to Chorus I, or should I wait?

roughlytraded

My stereo setup is currently a Marantz 2230, a Technics SL-1100A turntable and a pair of Klipsch KG5.2 speakers. I've been looking for a Heritage speaker and found a pair of Chorus I for $500 -- seems like a pretty good deal for my budget, but I've never heard the Chorus before -- would this be a noticeable upgrade or should I wait for a pair of Chorus IIs? I mostly listen to jazz, soul, folk, funk, and rock -- not so much hip-hop. 

Thanks for your input!

Wow surprised no one has responded to this...  But it seems like most here rave about the heritage line, although I myself have not heard them... I did however upgrade from 4.2s to rp280f, while it wouldn't be the same type of upgrade for you I do find that the two eighties or much more better acoustic Lee and with guitars and such, but do not seem it filled the room with sound as easily as my 4.2s did... I would think that the course would be a good upgrade but hopefully others here will chime in... I do however think that the kg series are very good in their own right even though they're not heritage...

• Like 1

While it's been maybe 20 years since I heard Klipsch KG speakers at a Home Entertainment store in Houston, and never heard Chorus I's, I have had Chorus II's for several years now and have to believe Chorus I's would be a nice step up in every aspect, right now it looks like nice condition Chorus II's are going for a bit more the $500 (closer to the $1,000 range here in Houston).

I would think the sound signature for the I's and II's are similar, but hopefully someone who has heard both will comment.

19 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I've been looking for Chorus 1's specifically for almost 2 years without luck in the Seattle area I'd say if they're in good condition grab them quick!

Should have kept your Chorus II's!

(Still have my Chorus II's, running them off of the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver you sold me a few years ago)

• Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 1:09 PM, roughlytraded said:

My stereo setup is currently a Marantz 2230, a Technics SL-1100A turntable and a pair of Klipsch KG5.2 speakers. I've been looking for a Heritage speaker and found a pair of Chorus I for $500 -- seems like a pretty good deal for my budget, but I've never heard the Chorus before -- would this be a noticeable upgrade or should I wait for a pair of Chorus IIs? I mostly listen to jazz, soul, folk, funk, and rock -- not so much hip-hop. 

Thanks for your input!

it's more of what are you waiting for..

and condition is everything...

go check the out for a audition...

if all drivers work...and the condition.

is great....just try you negotiation

skills ....for a price that you think

is reasonable...